《一呼一吸》精讲 20(在线收听

Allow me to explain.

让我来解释一下

Your husband is only alive

你丈夫之所以能活着

because a machine is breathing for him.

全靠那台机器维持他的呼吸

If that machine should fail,

机器一旦发生故障

in under two minutes, your husband would be dead.

两分钟之内 你的丈夫就会死掉

Forgive me if I speak plainly.

原谅我的直白

Do I make myself clear?

我说得够清楚了吗

I'll be sad to go, of course, after all these years.

我也很舍不得这里 毕竟生活了这么多年

But since Muriel died, I can't seem to get on top of things.

但穆里尔去世后 我真的没法留在这里了

Things can run away from you, you know.

物是人非了 你懂的

Yes.

我懂

It's a lot of work. Is the roof sound?

这里需要好好翻修一下 屋顶还好吗

Some of it.

一部分还行

Why are so many of the windows bricked up?

为什么很多窗户都封起来了

Ah. Oh, yes, those are my rooms.

噢 对 那些都是我的房间

Muriel said it saved such a lot on the heating bills.

穆里尔说这样可以节省暖气费

Did she?

是吗

Well, it's a lot of work, but it might do.

这里需要好好翻修 但也还说得过去

The thing is, I haven't got £12000,

问题是 我没有一万两千英镑

or anywhere near that, really.

远远不够

I'd take 11, or even 10.

我可以降到一万一 或者一万

All I can manage is seven.

我只付得起七千

Seven? Cash.

七千吗 现金

And then you'd be rid of the place forever.

然后你就可以彻底摆脱这里了

And Muriel.

还有穆里尔

Yes. Really?

行 真的吗

Yes. Yes.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yhyxjj/511959.html