财富杂志 AI让设计变得更好还是更糟(3)(在线收听

Graphic design is another area that machine learning is affecting, with the venture-backed startups Tailor Brands and Logojoy at the forefront,

平面设计是受机器学习影响的另一个领域,站在最前沿的是风投初创公司Tailor Brands和Logojoy,

both of them offering services that automate the making of logos, stationery, and the like for small businesses.

两家公司都为小企业提供自动制作标识、文具等产品的服务。

Last year, chip designer Nvidia unveiled what it claims is the first-ever video game demo with A.I.-generated graphics.

去年,芯片设计公司Nvidia公开了据称是首款由AI生成图形创建的视频游戏演示。

And at least one A.I. team is exploring scent design:

并且至少有一个AI团队正在探索气味设计:

Partnering with fragrance-maker Symrise, IBM Research recently developed perfumes using machine learning.

近期IBM Research和香料制造商Symrise合作,用机器学习研发香水。

As the disparate list of experiments grows longer, design in general is on the precipice of a major morph,

随着不同的试验名单越来越长,设计通常都在一个大变化的边缘,

becoming far more data-driven, automated, and efficient.

变得更加数据驱动化、自动化以及高效化。

The risk is that design could become homogenized and lose its human dimension as designers become custodians of A.I.-driven ideas

风险在于,设计可能会变得同质化,并失去了人性化的维度,因为设计师成为了人工智能驱动创意的管理人

rather than users of the technology as a collaborator and tool.

而不是将科技作看做合作者和工具的用户。

There's an alternative scenario: The importance of empathy might actually grow.

还有另一种情况:共情的重要性可能会增长。

As A.I. expert and venture capitalist Kai-Fu Lee points out in his book A.I. Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order,

正如人工智能专家兼风险资本家李开复在《A.I. Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order》一书中指出,

there are two categories of things A.I. can't do (at least not yet).

有两类事情是人工智能做不到的(至少还不能做到)。

One is carry out creative endeavors, like science, storytelling, art, and, yes, design; the other is build empathy, compassion,

一个是进行创造性的努力,如科学、讲故事、艺术,当然还有设计;另一件事是建立同理心、怜悯心

and trust--all of which require human-to-human connection.

以及信任——这些都需要人与人之间的联系。

Only humans can truly make a product that meaningfully serves its customer.

只有人类才能真正地生产出为客户提供有意义服务的产品。

The same goes for understanding the complexities of an urban plan that serves its community.

理解为社区服务的城市规划的复杂性也是如此。

As A.I. experts tell Fortune in the interviews that follow, the link between machine learning and design is just beginning to bear fruit.

正如人工智能专家在随后的采访中所说,机器学习和设计之间的联系才刚刚开始取得成果。

Soon enough, A.I.-led design will be an unavoidable shaper of the world around us.

很快,人工智能主导的设计将不可避免地成为这个世界的造型者。

And it's a certainty that design, like other industries being altered by A.I., is soon to face a host of social, cultural,

随着科技改变了职位描述,重新分配了资源,改变了我们生活和工作的物理环境,

and ethical dilemmas as technology changes job descriptions, reallocates resources,

和其他被人工智能所改变的行业一样,

and changes the physical environments where we live and work.

设计很快将面临大量社会、文化以及道德的困境。

It's all the more important, then, that designers learn how to thoughtfully and compassionately steer A.I. rather than let A.I. steer them.

因此,更重要的是,设计师学会如何用亲切和同情心引导人工智能,而被人工智能所引导。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cfzz/512497.html