读者文摘:制服幽默(在线收听

I WAS IN A RESTAURANT having lunch when I noticed four men dressed in camouflage uniforms seated nearby.

我在一家餐馆吃午饭的时候,旁边四名身着迷彩服的男子吸引了我的注意。

I'm proud of the men and women who serve our country,

我为那些服务国家的人骄傲,

so I walked over to the group and said,

于是,我走到他们当中说道,

"I just want to thank you for your service, and it would be an honor to buy your lunch."

“我只是想感谢你们的服务,能请你们吃午饭是我的荣幸。”

One man put down his fork, looked up, and said, "We appreciate that, ma'am; thank you.

其中一名男子放下叉子,抬起头,说:“我们对此深表感激,谢谢你!

But we're not in the military. We're on a hunting trip."

但我们不是军人,我们在狩猎旅行。”

MY FAMILY went to a minor-league baseball game while I was stationed at the Marine base in Quantico, Virginia.

我在弗吉尼亚州匡蒂科的海军陆战队基地的时候,我的家人去看了一场小型棒球联赛。

My mother decided it would be a great idea to mail me a baseball cap signed by the team.

妈妈觉得给我寄一顶球队签名的棒球帽的主意不错。

"It's for my daughter who couldn't come," she explained to the players.

“这是给我女儿的,她不能来,”妈妈向球员们解释说。

"She's in Guantánamo."

“她在关塔纳摩。”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/514734.html