读者文摘:在医院工作的一天(在线收听

I'm a nurse in a hospital's children's ward.

我是一家医院儿童病房的护士。

One night, I was at the nurses' station when I heard a little boy in his room talking.

一天晚上,我在护士站听到一个小男孩在他的房间里说话。

He kept the patter up for some time.

他喋喋不休有一段时间。

Finally, I got on the intercom and said softly but firmly, "All right, Johnny, it's time to go to sleep now."

最后,我打开对讲机,轻轻地但坚定地说:“好了,约翰尼,该睡觉了。”

There was quiet in the room, and then he said, "OK, God, I will."

房间里很安静,然后他说,“好的,上帝,我会的。”

I didn't hear a peep from him until morning.

直到早晨我才听到他的尖叫声。

I was in a small store in a nearby town one evening.

一天晚上,我在附近城镇的一家小商店里。

Wanting to find out when it opened the next morning,I stopped a teenage staffer on her way out and asked, "What are your hours?"

想知道第二天早上什么时候开门,

I stopped a teenage staffer on her way out and asked, "What are your hours?"

于是,我拦住一位十几岁的女员工,问她:“你们的营业时间是几点?”

Her reply: "Right now, six to nine because I'm in school.

她回答说:“现在,六点到九点,因为我在上学。

But next month it will be full-time."

但下个月就是全天营业。”

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/514760.html