《新福尔摩斯》精讲 246(在线收听

Sorry, off piste a bit.Back now. Phew!

不好意思 又离题了 现在好了 咻!

Let's play a game. Let's play murder.

我们来玩一场谋杀游戏

Sherlock!

夏洛克!

Imagine someone's going to get murdered at a wedding.Who exactly would you pick?

想象一下 如果要在婚礼上杀一个人 你会选择谁呢?

I think you're a popular choice at the moment, dear.

现在来说 你应该是大众的不二之选 亲爱的

If someone could move Mrs Hudson's glass just slightly out of reach,that would be lovely.

要是有人能把哈德森太太的酒杯移得稍微远一点 我会很感激的

More importantly, who could you only kill at a wedding?

更重要的是 什么人只能在婚礼上被杀?

Most people you can kill any old place.

一般人你可以随便找个地方干掉

As a mental exercise, i've often planned the murder of friends and colleagues.

作为脑力锻炼 我经常计划怎么杀死朋友和同事

Now, John, I'd poison.Sloppy eater, dead easy.

如果是约翰 我会下毒 不挑吃 很好下手

I've given him chemicals and compounds, that way he's never even noticed.

即便我给他吃的东西加料了 他也注意不到

He missed a whole Wednesday once, didn't have a clue.

他曾经错过了一整个周三 完全不知所以

Lestrade's so easy to kill it's a miracle no-one's succumbed to the temptation.

雷斯垂德也很好下手 大家可以抵制这种诱惑真是奇迹

I've got keys to my brother's house, I could break in and asphyxiate him, if the whim arose.

我有我哥哥家的钥匙 哪天心血来潮 我可以潜入他家掐死他

!He's pissed, isn't he? Ow!

他醉了 是吧? 喔

So, once again,who could you only kill here?

再一次地 什么人 只能在婚礼上被杀?

Clearly it's a rare opportunity,so it's someone who doesn't get out much.

明显这是一个少有的机会 所以他应该是个不常出门的人

Someone for whom a planned social encounter known about months in advance is an exception.

只会出现在几个月前就计划好的社交活动

Has to be a unique opportunity.

绝对是千载难逢的机会

And since killing someone in public is difficult,killing them in private isn't an option.

既然在公共场合杀人如此困难 私下杀死他们又绝不可能

Someone who lives in an inaccessible or unknown location, then.

他肯定住在无法进入或不为人知的地方

Someone private perhaps, obsessed with personal security.

是个极度重视隐私和个人安全的人

Possibly someone under threat.

也许是收到过死亡威胁的人

Major James Sholto, who he? - I don't think he's coming.

詹姆斯·肖尔托少校 他谁? - 我觉得他不会来

He'll be there.

他会来的

Where are you living these days?

你现在住在哪?

Oh, way out in the middle of nowhere.

呃 在一个不知名的小地方

The press and families gave him hell.He gets more death threats than you.

媒体跟死者家庭没让他好过 他收到的死亡恐吓比你还多

A recluse?Small household staff.

隐士吗?小型家庭的家政人员

Job? - Gardener. - Cook. - Private nurse. - Maid.

工作? - 园丁 - 厨师 - 私人护士 - 女佣.

High turnover for additional security.

花了大价钱请额外的安保人员

I do security work. - Probably all signed confidentiality agreements.

我是保安 - 应该都签过保密协议.

Do you have a secret you've never told anyone? -No.

你有没有什么从未透露过的秘密 - 没有.

There is another question that remains. however.Rather a big one,a huge one how would you do it?

但是还有一个很重要的问题没有解决 一个很大的问题 你会怎么做?

How do you kill someone in public?There has to be a way. This has been planned.

怎么众目睽睽杀死一个人?肯定有办法 这是早就计划好的

Mr Holmes!Mr Holmes! - Hello, Archie, what's your theory?

福尔摩斯先生! - 你好啊 阿奇 你有什么看法?

Get this right and there's a headless nun in it for you.

要是猜对了 我就告诉你无头修女是怎么回事

The invisible man could do it. - The who, what, why, when, where?

隐形人可以做到 - 具体一点?

The invisible man with the invisible knife. The one who tried to kill the Guardsman.

隐形人可以用隐形刀 就像他杀死禁卫军的那样

Bainbridge?Bainbridge!

班布里奇!班布里奇!

Oh, not just planned,planned and rehearsed.

啊 不只是计划过 甚至彩排过

Ladies and gentlemen,there will now be a short interlude.

女士们先生们 现在是幕间休息

The bride and groom...The bride and groom.

敬新娘新郎...敬新娘新郎

Major Sholto's going to be murdered, I don't know how or by whom, but it's going to happen.

有人要杀詹姆斯·肖尔托少校 我不知道是谁 也不知道怎样杀 但一定会发生

Excuse me, coming through. Consulting.

不好意思 借过 请教个事

Stay here. - Please be careful.

别走开 - 小心点.

Excuse me. Coming through.Excuse me.

不好意思 借过 不好意思

I'm sorry, one more. Oops. I'm so sorry.Thank you.

不好意思 还有个人 不好意思 谢谢

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xfemsjj/516447.html