《唐顿庄园》精讲10 谁料到你没有生下儿子呢?(在线收听

[Scene: Violet is dressed in black.]

[情景:Violet穿着黑色衣服。]

Violet: Of course I've heard! Why else would I be here?

我当然听说了,不然怎么会来?

Caro: Robert didn't want u to read about it in a newspaper and be upset.

Robert不想您从报纸上看到后伤心。

He flatters me. I'm tougher than I look.

真贴心啊,我可没那么娇贵。

[Scene: Cora sighs.]

[情景:Cora叹息到。]

Violet: I'm very sorry about poor Patrick, of course. He was a nice boy.

当然,对Patrick的死,我很伤心,因为他是个不错的孩子。

Cora: We were all so fond of him.

我们都很喜欢他。

Violet: But I never cared for James. He was too like his mother and a nastier woman ever drew breath.

但我不心疼James,因为他和他那个妈一个样讨厌至极。

[Scene: Cora puts on a smile.]

[情景:Cora强装笑颜。]

Cora: Will you stay for some luncheon?

您留下来用午餐吧?

Violet: Thank you.

谢谢!

Caro: I'll let Carson know.

我去吩咐Carson。

[Scene: Cora heads for the door.]

[情景:Cora的头转向门。]

Violet: I've already told him. Shall we sit down?

我已经说过了。能坐下说吗?

[Scene: They sit.]

[情景:他们坐下来。]

Violet: Do you know the new heir?

你认识新继承人吗?

Cora: Only that there is one.

除非真有这么一个人。

Violet: He's Robert's third cousin once removed. I have never, to my knowledge, set eyes on him.

他是Robert的三堂兄,曾经从这里搬走,但是我是从未见过。

Cora: Of course, if your late husband hadn't forced me to sign that absurd act of legal theft!

当然,若非仙逝的老爵爷逼我签那荒唐的财产让渡协议。

[Scene: Violet puts up a hand.]

[情景:Violet放下一只手。]

Violet: My dear, I didn't come here to fight. Lord Grantham wanted to protect the estate.

亲爱的,我此行无意争论此事。老爵爷也是为了这庄园。

It never occurred to him that you wouldn't have a son.

谁能想到你生不出儿子。

Cora: Well, I didn't.

我就是没生出儿子。

Violet: No, you did not. But when Patrick had married Mary and your grandson been hailed as master, honour would have been satisfied.

对,你没有。不过若Patrick娶Mary为妻,庄园由你的长孙继的话,家族也不失体面。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519290.html