读者文摘:长寿与成功的秘诀(1)(在线收听

We combed the latest research and talked to health, financial, and wellness experts

我们梳理了最新的研究,并与健康、金融和康健专家进行了交谈,

to uncover the most important things you can do to keep the spring in your step

以发现你可以做的最重要的事情,从而保持你的轻快的步伐,

and a healthy balance in your bank account through the years.

使你的银行账户多年保持一个健康的平衡。

Start by taking the Live Long & Prosper Quiz to get a sense of how prepared you are now,

先来做个关于长寿和成功的小测试,看看你现在准备得怎么样了,

then read on to see what the experts recommend for everyone—including themselves.

然后接着往下读,看看专家们对每个人的建议——包括他们自己。

(Yes = 1 point, No = 0 points.)

(答案为是得一分,答案为否得零分)

Part one: The Live Long & Prosper Quiz

第一部分,长寿和成功的小测试

1)Do you claim your employer's 401(k) match?

你会申请雇主的401(k)计划吗?

Americans miss out on an estimated $24 billion in unclaimed matches.

据估计,美国人在无人认领的款项中损失达240亿美元。

2)Do you eat beans three times a week or more?

你一周吃三次豆子还是更多?

When longevity researcher Dan Buettner was studying the earth's longest-living people, located in so-called Blue Zones,

当长寿研究员丹·比特纳研究地球上位于所谓的蓝色乐活区的最长寿的人时,

he learned that the cornerstone of every Blue Zone diet is beans.

他了解到蓝色乐活区饮食的基础是豆类。

Blue Zoners eat about four times as many beans as the average American.

他们吃的豆子是普通美国人的四倍。

Beans are loaded with protein, iron, and zinc; they also contain fiber, folate, and potassium,

豆类富含蛋白质、铁和锌;它们还含有纤维、叶酸和钾,

and they're low in fat. Buettner even includes them in his breakfast.

而且它们的脂肪含量低。比特纳甚至也将它们加入自己的早餐中。

3)Have you applied for a new credit card recently?

你最近申请过新的信用卡吗?

Credit cards offer all sorts of benefits, from cash back to points to interest-free promotional periods, and they can mean money for you.

信用卡提供各种各样的优惠,从现金返还到积分,再到无息促销期,它们对你来说意味着金钱。

Of course, you need to avoid interest charges and pay the full balance every month.

当然,你需要避免利息费用,并且每月支付全部余额。

But if your credit score is high (700+), taking out a new card every year or two to reap the newest reward isn't going to significantly dent it.

但如果你的信用评分很高(700+),那么每一两年换一张新卡来获得最新的奖励并不会显著降低评分。

4)Did you take a nice long vacation last year?

你去年度过了一个愉快的长假吗?

According to a 40-year study of European businessmen,

根据一项对欧洲商人长达40年的研究,

participants who took fewer than three weeks of vacation annually were 37 percent

与那些不节省休假时间的人相比,

more likely to die in a given year than those who didn't skimp on taking time off.

每年休假少于三周的人在特定年份死亡的可能性大37%。

5)Have you considered investing in exchange traded funds (ETFs)?

你曾否考虑投资交易所交易基金?

Like mutual funds, ETFs invest in a range of stocks, bonds, and commodities, which helps spread the overall risk.

与共同基金一样,交易所交易基金投资于一系列股票、债券和大宗商品,这有助于分散整体风险。

But ETFs have much lower fees because they don't have teams of managers making decisions about what to invest in, and they often cost you less in taxes.

但是交易所交易基金的费用要低得多,因为它们没有管理团队来决定投资什么,而且它们的税收成本通常也更低。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/519746.html