《你好布拉德》精讲33 诡异的恐惧感(在线收听

Not being invited to Nick's wedding confirmed a creeping fear.

尼克结婚没叫我 证实了我那种诡异的恐惧感

Not only had I not lived up to my own expectations,

我不仅自己没过处自己想要的生活

I'd failed in the eyes of others.

别人眼里 我也混得不行

I pictured the wedding party.

我脑补着婚礼现场

Everyone there,

大家欢聚一堂

basking in each other's glow.

沐浴在各自的光环中

It wasn't friendship that bonded them,

联接他们的不是友情

but a perceived level of success.

而是特定阶层的成功

Whether I was forgotten or excluded...

不管我是被忘了还是被排挤了

made no difference.

没区别的

I was off the list.

我就不在圈子里

A nobody.

平庸之辈

A nothing.

碌碌无为

The world hated me, and the feeling was mutual.

这世界讨厌我 而我也讨厌它

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/nhbldjj/521052.html