《绝望的主妇》精讲149(在线收听

"To kill a mockingbird."

《杀死一只知更鸟》

I started reading it last night. It was so good.

我昨晚开始读的,这书很不错

I couldn't wait to talk to you about it.

我迫不及待想跟你讨论

Yeah, well, I'm kinda beautifying the city at the moment.

是吧,这会儿我正忙着美化城市呢

Don't you get a lunch?

你不吃午饭吗?

Look, Carlos, Mike found out we were spending time together, and he's a little weird about it,

卡洛斯,麦克看见我们昨晚一起了,他有点起疑

so I don't think we should be having any intimate lunches.

所以我们最好不要一起吃什么亲密午餐了

Why is he weird? I mean, nothing's going on.

他为何起疑?我们又没发生什么事

No, of course not, but somehow...

没有,当然没有

us meeting in the middle of the night and me lying about it was kind of a red flag for him.

但怎么说我们是半夜见面的,而且我还说谎了,对他来说可是危险信号

Okay.

好吧

Well, if lunch is too intimate. How about I help with the beautifying

如果吃午饭太亲密了的话,331我帮你一起美化城市怎么样?

I guess there's no harm in that.

我想这个无妨。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/521097.html