《绝望的主妇》精讲179(在线收听

Well, when most people wanna give back,

呃,当人们想要奉献的时候

it usually means they've done something they're ashamed of.

通常意味着他们做了一些他们引以为耻的事

You know, embezzlement, adultery. What's your story?

就像偷盗,通奸。你呢?

I suppose I could ask you the same thing.

我觉得我也可以这样问你

And I'd have the good sense not to answer.

而我有足够好的理由不回答

Mm-hmm. I've just been feeling disconnected lately,

嗯。我最近感觉魂不守舍

and I thought by doing something meaningful with my days that I could change that.

而且感觉如果我做些有意义的事应该能有所改观

Actual selflessness. That's refreshing.

无私的行为,真让人耳目一新

I wish the city council was as enlightened as you.

真希望城市议会也能像你这样开明

Oh?

哦?

Ah, they're holding up one of my developments

哦,他们在延迟我的一项工程

bcause it includes low-income housing.

因为这工程中解决了低收入的住房问题

Ah. Typical "not in my backyard" attitude.

啊。典型的"事不关己"态度

By the way...

我想问...

It's not in your backyard.

这事和你也无关

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/521584.html