《魔戒》精讲11(在线收听

Confound it all, Samwise Gamgee! Have you been eavesdropping?

真是该死 山姆卫斯詹吉! 你居然敢偷听?

I haven't been dropping no eaves . Honest , I was cutting the grass under the window

我没有在偷听 先生 是真的! 我只是在窗外除草

A little late for trimming the verge, don't you think?

现在这个时候除草未免太晚了?

I heard raised voices . What did you hear? Speak!

我听到一些声音 你听到什么? 说!

Nothing important

没什么重要的!

That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, a Dark Lord and the end of the world ,but--

我听到一些什么戒指 黑暗魔君和世界末日的

Please, Mr Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me . Don't turn me into anything unnatural

求求您了 甘道夫先生 不要伤害我! 千万不要把我变成动物

No?

不要吗?

Perhaps not

也许不会

I've thought of a better use for you

我想到有个方法 我有其它事让你来做

Come along, Samwise Keep up

过来呀 山姆 跟上来!

Be careful, both of you

你们两个一定要小心

The enemy has many spies in his service:

敌人有很多眼线

Birds, beasts

飞鸟 野兽

Is it safe?

它安全吗?

Never put it on

千万不要戴上戒指

for the agents of the Dark Lord will be drawn to its power

黑暗魔君的爪牙会被吸引来

Always remember, Frodo

一定要记得 佛罗多

the Ring is trying to get back to its master

戒指想回到主人那里去

It wants to be found

它希望自己被发现

 

I've thought of a better use for you 我想到有个方法,我有其它事让你来做

think of:想到

I couldn't think of the name of that man anyhow.

我怎么也想不出那人的名字来了。

He would never think of letting his daughter marry a fellow like you.

他决不会想到让女儿嫁给像你这样的家伙。

Come along, Samwise Keep up 过来呀,山姆,跟上来!

come along:一道走

Jane come along with her supervisor to the budget meeting.

简同她的管理人一起去参加预算计划会了。

keep up:跟上

Slow down I can't keep up (with you)!

慢点,我跟不上(你)了!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mjjj/521626.html