《绝望的主妇》精讲252(在线收听

Narrator: As the sun slowly settled on Wisteria lane, an unsettled Susan racked her brain to find a way into her own house.

当太阳缓缓地在Wisteria lane落山。手足无措的Susan绞尽脑汁想着回到自己家里的办法。

Aah! Lying naked in her shrubs, it occurred to Susan this could be the most humiliating moment of her life.

裸身躺在她家的灌木丛中。Susan心里想道这可能是她一生中最丢脸的一刻了。

Mike: Susan?

Susan?

Narrator: She was wrong.

她错了。

Mike: Uh, whatcha doing?

嗯,你在干什么啊?

Susan: Locked myself out... naked.

把自己锁在外面了…赤裸地。

Mike: Oh.

哦。

Susan: And then I fell. So how are you?

而且后来我又摔倒了。你现在怎样?

Mike: Good, good. I just got back.

很好,很好。我刚回来。

I've been gone all day, and I got your messages about dinner, and, um, I would love to come if that invite still stands.

我出去了一整天刚看到你有关晚餐的留言。嗯,如果那邀请还有效的话,我愿意去。

Susan: It's a date.

那是一次约会。

Mike: All right. I, um... Assume the dress is casual.

好的,我,嗯……我想我可以随意着装吧。

Susan: Yeah. It's — it's casual.

是的,可以……可以随意着装。

Mike: Mmhmm.

嗯。

Susan: Thanks for helping me break in. Do you think it'll be hard to replace that screen?

谢谢你帮我把门打开。你觉得把那个纱窗还能还原吗?

Mike: It depends. If you nail it in yourself, you might want to wear gloves... or pants. Pants wouldn't hurt.

看情况吧。如果你把自己“钉”在那儿你也许会想要戴副手套……或裤子。或者穿条裤子,那样不会刺痛。

Susan: Okay, I know what just happened is funny in theory, but I'm nowhere near ready to laugh about it, so please, no jokes.

好吧,我知道那事理论上来说很有趣。但我现在还不想拿它开玩笑,所以拜托,别开玩笑。

Bree: Hey, where have you two been?

嗨,你们两个哪儿去了?

Mike: Uh, Susan had a problem finding something to wear.

嗯,Susan找不到东西穿。

Oh, is that the kind of thing you meant?

哦,是这样吧?

Susan: Pretty much.

差不多。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522369.html