《唐顿庄园》精讲104 追求简单世界(在线收听

I don't understand.

我不懂

Why would she want to be a secretary?

她为什么要做秘书呢

She wants a different life.

过不同的生活

But why?

为什么呢

I should far prefer to be a maid in a large and pleasant house than work from dawn till dusk in a cramped and gloomy office.

我倒是宁愿在大庄园做女仆 何必在小屋里忙得昏天暗地呢

Don't you agree, Carson?

你同意吗 卡森

I do, My Lady.

同意 夫人

Why are we talking about this?

谈这个干什么

What does it matter?

这重要吗

It matters that the people live and work here are content.

当然 庄园仆人的幸福感很重要

Of course. We should be helping Gwen if that's what she wants.

没错 格温若有愿望 我们该成人之美

I agree.

我同意

Surely, we must all encourage those less fortunate to improve their lot where they can.

我们都应鼓励下层人民去提高自己的生活质量

Not if it isn't in their best interests.

怕是好心办坏事吧

Isn't the maid a better judge of that than we are?

是好是坏 女仆比我们有发言权 不是吗

What do say, Mr. Pamuk?

帕努克先生您说呢

Should our housemaid be kept enslaved or forced out into the world?

是该留下家仆还是赶她入世呢

Why are you English so curious about other people's lives?

你们英国人 怎么这么关心别人的生活

If she wishes to leave and the law permits it, then let her go.

她想走 又不违法 就随她

Perhaps the law should not permit it, for the common good.

法律该管管 这对大家都好

So you hanker for the days of serfdom?

您很向往农奴时代吧

I hanker for a simpler world.

我向往简单安定

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523310.html