读者文摘:互联网时代如何保护隐私(8)(在线收听

You can’t prevent all Internet spying, and you may not want to—for example,

你不能阻止所有的网络间谍活动,你可能也不想这么做,例如,

when you start tapping a web address into your phone’s browser and it automatically fills in the rest,

当你开始在手机浏览器中输入一个网址,它会自动填入剩下的内容,

or when a shopping site saves what’s in your cart.

或者购物网站把你购物车里的东西存起来。

But you can minimize some unwanted spying by taking these steps.

但你可以采取以下步骤来尽量减少一些不必要的监视。

If you’re worried about your personal information getting lifted ...

如果你担心你的个人信息被窃取...

Don’t hand over your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address unless the recipient really needs it.

除非收件人真的需要,否则不要交出你的姓名、地址、电话号码或电子邮件地址。

If pressed, you can always make something up.

如果有压力,你总是可以编造一些东西。

Opt for a paper receipt or no receipt rather than getting one via text or e-mail,

选择纸质收据或不要收据,而不是通过短信或电子邮件接收,

which requires sharing your information and exposes you to possible data breaches, such as those at Hobby Lobby and Target.

这需要分享你的信息,并可能使你的数据被泄露,比如在好必来和塔吉特百货。

If you want companies to stop trying to sell you things ...

如果你想让公司停止向你推销东西...

Stop ads from tracking you by opting out of information collecting.

通过选择退出信息收集来停止广告跟踪。

The website simpleoptout.com is a good place to start.

网站“simpleoptout.com”是一个很好的开始。

Add your phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry at 888-382-1222 or donotcall.gov.

拨打888-382-1222或登录“donotcall.gov”,把你的电话号码添加到国家谢绝来电登记处。

If you prefer that your Internet searches stay private...

如果你希望你的网络搜索保持私密...

Browse with Firefox. Its privacy controls are stronger than other big-name browsers.

用火狐浏览器搜索。它的隐私控制比其他大牌浏览器更严格。

Or use DuckDuckGo, an alternate service you can easily set as your default search partner at duckduckgo.com.

或者使用“DuckDuckGo”,你可以在“duckduckgo.com”上轻松地将它设置为你的默认搜索伙伴。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/523945.html