《丑女贝蒂》精讲 61切腹自杀吧(在线收听

Amanda:You know how in those samurai movies

你知道在那些日本电影中的武士

they'd rather kill themselves than be captured or defeated?

宁可去死也不要被俘虏或打败

Betty:Ritual suicide. It's called seppuku.

惯例上的自杀 他们称为切腹自杀

Amanda:Like the beer?

像开啤酒一样

Anyway, this whole situation with you taking the book to Queens reminded me of that.

无论如何 你把书拿到皇后区这件事给了我这样的联想

And I figured, rather than live with the shame of the screwup

我想与其背着破坏者的骂名待在这里

and probably end up getting fired anyway,

而且最后还是落得被炒鱿鱼的下场

wouldn't you rather just quit? Se-pu-ku, Betty.

你还不如现在就辞职 切腹自杀吧 Betty

Betty:You know what?

你知道吗

Amanda:Hmm?

Betty:You really do belong here more than I do.

你真的比我更适合待在这里

And I truly hope that you get everything you deserve.

我真心希望你能得到你应该得到的

Amanda:Oh, thank you. Bye.

哦 谢谢 再见

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/525501.html