《绝望的主妇》精讲480(在线收听

This is Tunde. He lost both his parents to this drought. In fact, water is always scarce in Botswana.

这是Tunde。他在这次旱灾中失去了双亲。事实上,博茨瓦纳一直是缺水的。

The national currency is called the Pula or raindrop...

他们国家的货币叫做普拉,也叫雨点。

Hello, Gabrielle. What brings you here?

你好,Gabrielle。你怎么来了?

I'm concerned about the drought in Kenya.

我很关注肯尼亚的旱灾。

Botswana.

博茨瓦纳。

Yeah, and you?

对,那你呢?

Well, I'm organizing this relief trip. We leave in a week.

我组织这次救济之行。我们一周内就出发了。

Well, Bon Voyage, Father.

bon voyage,神父。(法语:旅途愉快)

I'm not going myself. We had to scale back our relief efforts this year.

我不是独自前往。我们今年的救济行动不得不缩水了。

Even had to cut a few of the aid workers from the trip.

我们还要减少同行的工作人员数量。

Sister Mary, Sister Greta were so disappointed.

Mary和Greta修女非常失望。

If you just want to hand some of those back...

如果你想要发放一些...

Sister Mary was going on the trip?

Mary修女本来要去的么?

Well, Sister Mary always goesfor at least a few months,

她总是至少去几个月的,

but when our funding came up short, she graciously offered to step aside, said there's plenty of God's work to do here.

但我们的资金不足,她很高尚的提出退出此行,说在这里还有很多上帝的工作要做。

Thank you, Carlos. Appreciate it.

谢谢,Carlos。我很感激。

I bet she did. How much cash are you short, Father?

她可不是嘛。你们缺多少钱,神父?

We plan to set up a modern system of irrigation.

我们计划建立一个现代的灌溉系统。

I'm sorry to interrupt Sister Mary, but I have an announcement.

不好意思打扰一下Mary修女,但我要宣布一件事。

I have just received a donation of eight thousand dollars, which means that Sister Mary and Sister Greta will be able to join our relief trip to Botswana.

我刚收到了一份8千元的捐助,也就是说Mary修女和Greta修女可以加入我们这次的救济之行了。

It just goes to show angels are everywhere.

这说明了天使无处不在

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526501.html