《丑女贝蒂》精讲 134不是硬币的背面给你这份工作(在线收听

Wow, look how good these came out. Oh, here's Lexie pulling the pedicab.

哇 看看出来效果多好 这个是莱克西在蹬三轮车

The camera loves "Lexie, like sexy."

没错 照相机喜欢莱克西的性感

I have no idea what I was thinking hiring her as my assistant.

我不知道我当时在想什么要挑她做我的助理

I mean,come on.That was something old Daniel would do.

我是说 那可是过去的丹尼尔才会做的事

Come on.You made a mistake.You're only human.

行了吧 你不过犯了一个错 你也不过只是凡人

So why is it you'll cut me some slack, but you won't do the same for yourself?

你可以原谅我的疏忽 为什么不能也原谅自己呢

What do you mean?

你什么意思

I mean, this is your first piece for the magazine as editor. It's a great spread.

我是说你作为编辑为杂志写的第一篇文章很成功

You're not even the least bit excited.

但是你看起来一点也不兴奋

I'm excited. But, it's just... I've been fighting and fighting with marc,

我很兴奋 只是我一直和马克争

trying to prove to him that I deserve to be the editor. And then he's the one who saved the day.

想向他证明编辑的位子是我应得的 但是是他最后力挽狂澜

Betty, this whole piece was your idea.

贝蒂 这个专题是你的主意

Why don't you know you're good at this? You're great at this.

为什么你看不出来你做得不错 你做得很棒呢

I don't know. Maybe because I was tails.

不知道 也许因为我是背面

Look, betty. Some people get the job because of the flip of a coin.

听着 贝蒂 有些人得到一份工作是因为抛硬币的结果

Some people get the job because their father owns the company.

有些人得到工作是因为他爸爸是公司老板

It doesn't matter how you get it. It matters what you do with it.

你如何得到并不重要 重要的是你做了什么

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/526577.html