纪录片《长生不老》 07延寿的希望(在线收听

I know about a dozen people voluntarily restricting

我知道很多人控制

their foods so that they're

他们的饮食 因此他们

hungry during the day in the hopes that that will

在能够延寿的希望中

extend their life span,

忍受饥饿

but you have to be hungry for this to work.

而且你不得不饿着工作

Well, calorie restriction means you need to cut your calories

好的 控制卡路里意味着你需要减少

by about 30 % from what you would normally eat,

你平时摄入的百分之三十的卡路里

and I tried it for about a week and it meant eating baby food

我试了一周 就是吃婴儿食物

and just a few vegetables and

和一些蔬菜

I felt hungry all the time, and I thought if

我总是感到饿 我想假如

this is going to be my life

我的生活像这样过100年

for the next hundred years, I don't want it.

那么这不会是我想要的

Professor David Sinclair wanted

大卫·辛克莱尔教授想

to understand how calorie restriction worked,

搞清控制卡路里摄入的原理

and see if he could create its effects without the effort.

看看他能否让使其自行起作用

So far, trying to make sense of

至今 他仍在研究酵母

the ageing process, he'd been working with yeast.

以试着了解衰老过程

The organism that I'm particularly excited about are yeast cells.

令我特别兴奋的组织就是酵母细胞

These are yeasts that you put in your bread and your beer,

就是你们放进面包啤酒里的酵母

but actually they have a life span of about a week

但实际上它们的寿命只有一周左右

and the goal about fifteen years ago was

15年前的目标是

to find out why do they age, and what can we do about it?

找出它们衰老的原因 我们又能为其做什么

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcsbl/528782.html