时差N小时 你被炒了(在线收听

Yael: Welcome to A Moment of Science, the popular science radio show that's both fun and informative. Today's Topic on Moment of Science is: You're Fired. Hey, did I read that right?

雅艾尔:欢迎来到科普广播节目——科学时刻,这是一个既有趣又丰富的节目。今天科学时刻的主题是:你被炒了。嘿,我读的对吗?

Don: Yep. You're fired. How do you feel?

唐:对。你被炒了。感觉如何?

Yael: What do you mean, how do I feel?

雅艾尔:你说“感觉如何”是什么意思?

Don: I mean, do you feel less healthy than before I fired you? How's your weight? What about your cholesterol rate?

唐:我是说,你觉得你没有被解雇之前健康吗?你的体重如何?你的胆固醇怎么样?

Yael: Okay, okay...this is one of your set-ups. I'm not really fired, am I?

雅艾尔:好吧,好吧...这又是你的实验之一。我并没有真的被解雇,对吗?

Don: Well, no. It's all a cruel ploy to get me to today's subject... which is that job insecurity can affect your health.

唐:嗯,没有。这是一种引导话题的残酷手段,今日的话题就是就业不安全感会影响你的健康。

Yael: Yeah. It just about gave me a heart attack.

雅艾尔:是的。刚刚的确把我吓出心脏病了。

Don: A study in the American Journal of Public Health shows that heart attacks are no joke for people who suspect they are going to be laid off. Over four years, a study group with imperiled jobs was found to have a forty to sixty percent greater occurrence of heart disease than a control group whose jobs were secure. And that's not all. People in insecure jobs also gained weight, overslept, tended to avoid exercise, and had higher cholesterol rates.

唐:一项发表在《美国公共卫生杂志》的研究表明,对于那些怀疑自己会被解雇的人来说,心脏病可不是开玩笑的。四年来,一个研究小组发现,与工作有保障的对照组相比,工作不稳定的人心脏病发作的几率要高百分之四十至六十。问题还不止这些。工作不稳定的人还容易体重增加,失眠,总是避免运动,胆固醇也偏高。

Yael: Wow. I guess the shaky economy hurts everything. Even our bodies!

雅艾尔:哇。我想经济萧条会伤害一切。甚至是人们的身体!

Don: Even our bodies.

唐:甚至是我们的身体。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/528963.html