《神探夏洛克》精讲 363我弟弟杀人了(在线收听

 

Oh, Sherlock.

哦 夏洛克

What have you done?

你都做了什么?

As my colleague is fond of remarking,

正如我同事喜欢强调的

this country sometimes needs a blunt instrument.

这个国家有时需要钝器

Equally, it sometimes needs a dagger,

同样 有时也需要匕首

a scalpel wielded with precision and without remorse.

一把锋利 精密 无悔的手术刀

There will always come a time when we need Sherlock Holmes.

我们总会需要夏洛克·福尔摩斯的

If this is some expression of familial sentiment...

如果你这是为家人徇私...

Don't be absurd.

开什么玩笑

I am not given to outbursts of brotherly compassion.

我从不屈从于兄弟之情

You know what happened to the other one.

你知道另一个的下场

In any event, there is no prison in which we could incarcerate Sherlock

诚然 把夏洛克关进我们任何一座监狱

without causing a riot on a daily basis.

他只会每天引发暴动

The alternative, however, would require your approval.

但另一种选择 需要征得您的首肯

Hardly merciful, Mr Holmes.

这也毫不宽容 福尔摩斯先生

Regrettably, Lady Smallwood, my brother is a murderer.

可惜啊 斯莫伍德夫人 我弟弟杀了人

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/534448.html