纪录片《彻底隔离》 第13期 感觉剥夺(在线收听

Paris soon developed his own way of coping.

巴里很快自创了应对方法。

I went away in my head and I found a place that I could deal with better.

我在幻想中神游,然后找到了一个我能更好适应的世界。

And I only became aware that this was self-destructive when I couldn't stop going into it.

当我意识到自己无法停止幻想时,我意识到这等于自我毁灭。

I would imagine dogs, horses and the smell of freedom, the sound of a brook.

我会想象狗,马以及自由的气息,小溪流淌的声音。

And I would play this set of images in my head and sometimes I would wake up

我反复地让自己想这些画面,有时我从幻想中猛然醒过来,

and I would catch myself sitting cross-legged on the floor and rocking.

然后发现自己盘腿坐在地上,不停地摇晃。

I would have been sitting there long enough

我肯定是坐得太久了,

to wear sores on the back sides of my knees and the bottoms of my ankles.

以致膝盖内侧和外踝十分酸痛。

Many psychologists believe sensory deprivation caused by various kinds of solitary confinement

许多心理学家相信由各种单独监禁所引起的感觉剥夺,

can affect a crucial function of the brain called the central executive.

会对大脑重要的功能产生影响,称为大脑中央控制系统。

No-one knows if this is controlled by a specific part of the brain

没人知道它是否受大脑某个具体区域控制,

but it describes the mental processes which coordinate functions such as language, memory and vision.

但它描述了大脑协调各种功能的过程,如语言、记忆和视觉等。

It allows us to understand and interact with the world around us.

使得我们能够理解外界并参与互动。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcdgl/536155.html