纪录片《彻底隔离》 第23期 离发疯不远了(在线收听

It's 30 hours into the experiment.

现在是实验进行的第30个小时。

Judy seems to be sleeping through the whole experience

朱蒂看似整个实验过程都在睡觉,

but in the other rooms the pressure is building.

不过在其它房间里,压力在不断升级。

This is a bit of freedom. That you try to deny me.

就这么点自由。你也要剥夺掉。

As the test progresses, the subjects pace endlessly back and forth across their rooms.

随着实验的进行,受测者们开始无休止地在房内来回踱步。

This behaviour of pacing up and down

这种来回踱步的行为,

is something we see in animals as well as people when they're kept in confinement.

从被禁闭的人和动物身上都能观察到。

I think it's something you can do without needing to think about it, in part attempting to exercise,

我想原因可能是这是一种不需要思考的机械行为,也有可能是想四处活动一下,

but I think it's simply a reaction to the lack of any input, and you provide the input physically to yourself.

但我认为这纯粹是由于缺乏外界刺激,而主动向自己施加生理刺激的表现。

I wasn't enjoying it. I just thought, "I'm just doing this because there's nothing else to do.

我并不想这样做。我只是在想,我来回走动是因为没其它事情好干。

I'm walking back and forth."

我来来回回地踱步。

What could be more monotonous than walking back and forth in the dark,

有什么比在黑暗中来回踱步更单调的呢,

where your only thrill is, am I about to hit the wall by mistake cos I've miscounted the steps?

然后唯一的乐趣是,我会不会数错步子不小心撞墙呢?

Yeah, I did think, this is close to insanity.

真的,我觉得自己跟发疯不远了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcdgl/536165.html