《神探夏洛克》精讲 424动机(在线收听

伦敦水族馆  没错  马上

London Aquarium. Yes, now.

我没做过外勤特工

I was never a field agent.

我一直觉得自己能做得不错

I always thought I'd be rather good.

第比利斯的行动你就做得不错

Well, you handled the operation in Tbilisi very well.

谢谢

Thanks.

-就一个秘书而言  -什么

- For a secretary. - What?

这么多年来  一定很不容易吧

It can't have been easy all those years,

坐在后面  闭紧嘴巴

sitting in the back, keeping your mouth shut

而你明明比屋里大多数人都聪明

when you knew you were cleverer than most of the people in the room.

-我这么做不是出于嫉妒  -是吗

- I didn't do this out of jealousy. - No?

日复一日  工作繁重

Same old drudge, day in, day out.

却不能出去感受刺激

Never getting out there where all the excitement was.

只能回到你威格摩尔街的小公寓去

Just back to your little flat on Wigmore Street.

那条街上的邮局外在修人行道

They've taken up the pavement outside the post office there.

你鞋上的土是那里独有的

The local clay on your shoes is very distinctive.

是的  你的小公寓

Yes, your little flat.

-你怎么知道  -凭你的工资

- How do you know? - Well, on your salary,

你不能过得太阔绰

it would have to be modest,

而且你把钱都花在那间农舍上了吧

and you spent all the money on that cottage, didn't you?

你是寡妇还是离婚了

And what are you, widowed or divorced?

婚戒至少30年了

Wedding ring is at least 30 years old

而你改用另一根手指戴了

and you've moved it to another finger.

所以你对它有感情

That means you're sentimentally attached to it,

但已经不是已婚状态了

but you're not still married.

我猜是寡妇

I favour widowed,

考虑到你养了多少只猫

given the number of cats you share your life with.

-夏洛克  -两只缅甸猫  一只龟甲猫

- Sherlock... - Two Burmese and a Tortoiseshell,

从你羊毛衫上的猫毛可以看出来

judging by the cat hairs on your cardigan.

离婚人士更有可能去找新的伴侣

A divorcee is more likely to look for a new partner,

而寡妇则会想办法填补痛失爱夫的空虚

a widow to fill the void left by her dead husband.

-夏洛克  别  -据说宠物能达到这个目的

- Sherlock, don't. - Pets do that, or so I'm told.

显然你生命中并没出现新人

There's clearly no-one new in your life,

否则你也不会大周五晚上跑来水族馆

or you wouldn't be spending your Friday nights in an aquarium.

这可能也是你酗酒的原因

That accounts for the drink problem too,

你手在微微颤抖

the slight tremor in your hand,

你上唇的红酒阴影

the red wine stain ghosting your top lip.

是的  我认为嫉妒正是你的动机

So, yes, I'd say jealousy was your motive after all.

就为了证明你多厉害

To prove how good you are.

以弥补你平淡生活的不足

To make up for the inadequacies of your...little life.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/stxlkjj/536391.html