纪录片《轻松活过101岁》 第15期 教堂与压力荷尔蒙(在线收听

As part of a longer-term study on Adventist health,

作为对基督复临安息日会长期研究的一部分,

Dr Kelly Morton is running a clinic examining the effect of religion on life expectancy.

Kelly Morton医生转向教对预期寿命影响的临床调查。

We are following a particular theory that says that the effects of stress

我们正遵循一个特别的理论,

accumulate across your entire life

称聚集整个人生的潜能造成的影响,

so each major stressor of your life is pushing on your organ systems

因此每一次人生的重大的压力都会压迫身体机能,

and these organ systems slowly but surely have effects of all of these stressors that are accumulating.

而这些机能会慢慢但有效地形成所有逐步聚集的刺激。

From samples of their blood and saliva,

从他们的唾液和血液的样本里,

It seems that regular churchgoers have significantly lower levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.

似乎经常去教堂的人有着较低水平的压力荷尔蒙。

It's a sign that they may be better equipped to cope with the challenges in life.

这是一个征兆,他们能够更好地应付生活所面临的挑战。

There's many things in life, many stressors that are not controllable,

现实生活中有许多事情,许多压力是无法控制的,

that are not really your choice, but you still have to cope with them,

这不是你自己可以选择的,但仍然需要去对付,

and religion and connection to something higher than oneself,

宗教和联系要比自己更高一些,

connection to the sacred, connection to a tight-knit religious community

联系神圣,联系组织严密的宗教社团,

allows you to modulate your reactions, your emotions,

可以让自己调节反应和情绪,

to believe that there is a broader purpose, and therefore,

相信会有更广泛的效果,

your body can stay in balance and not be destroyed

所以,随着时间的推移,在那些压力和创伤作用下,

by those stressors and traumas over time.

身体能够保持平衡,而不会垮掉。

Who's that?

那是谁?

That's me.

那就是我。

Who are you with? And that's me and that, there, that's my husband.

你和谁在一起?那是我和我的丈夫。

He died two days before our 77th anniversary.

他在我们结婚77周年前两天去世的。

Is it hard living a long time?

一定难过了好长时间吧?

Hard living a long time? You lose people?

难过了好长时间?你也碰到过亲人去世吧。

Oh, yes, it is, there's nobody you can talk to the same as that person, so...

噢,是的,没有人可以像他那样倾诉了,所以……

You know, time heals things a lot, so...

知道吗,时间可以医治很多东西,所以……

Where do you think he is now?

你认为他现在在哪?

Well, sleeping up here on a hill,

嗯,他躺在这里的一座小山上,

waiting for me to come and occupy the rest of the room.

等着我去在他旁边陪他。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpqshg101s/536957.html