纪录片《轻松活过101岁》 第19期 健康欠佳的原因(在线收听

Hello, welcome. Thanks for coming today, Moira.

欢迎,Moira,欢迎光临。

Professor Chris Packard is studying families like the Jacksons

Chris Packard教授正在研究Jacksons这样的家族,

to try to understand why Glasgow is at the wrong end of the life expectancy charts.

试图搞明白格拉斯哥为什么在预期寿命图表上异乎寻常的结果。

And we'll see how many you can do within the two minutes, OK? Go.

我们来看一下,你能在两分钟里做多少,好吗?开始。

Been treated for a few things - damage to... physiotherapy, sciatica.

一些已经得到治疗,损伤……理疗,坐骨神经痛。

I feel about 70, maybe 80 sometimes, trying to get out of the seat when I can't.

有时感到有七老八十了,试图站起来,但是做不到。

I can actually stand, but my right leg stays bent and will not straighten.

实际上我能够站起来,但是右腿还是弯曲,没办法伸直。

It's like... I think I'm learning to cope with it.

这就像……我想我在学习对付它。

Moira's body is showing signs of age-related disease.

Moira的身体显示出与老化有关的疾病。

We're interested in the carotid artery here.

我们对这里的颈动脉感兴趣。

Quite happy with that, actually - that's quite nice and clear.

对那相当满意,其实还是相当好的,相当清晰。

But the most obvious causes - like diet, smoking and alcohol may not be to blame.

然而最明显的原因,像饮食,吸烟和酒精可能都不是主要的。

One of the challenges for Glasgow is to explain why it has this record of ill health.

格拉斯哥的挑战之一是解释有记载的健康欠佳的原因。

We start where everybody starts in looking at the classical risk factors,

我们从大家都会开始的地方来看一下典型的危险要素,

diet, smoking, blood pressure.

饮食,吸烟,血压。

When we compare Glasgow with other cities around the UK,

当我们将格拉斯哥与英国其他城市作比较,

we find comparable levels of these things

找出可作比较的这些情况的标准,

and therefore our ill health, our excess ill health - is not explained properly by them.

结果,并不能准确解释欠佳的健康状况和额外的欠佳的健康状况。

We're left with a large proportion of the problem

我们留下了一个大问题,

that we have to find new explanations for.

需要我们去做出新的解释。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpqshg101s/536961.html