《穿普拉达的女王》精讲 10 为梦想“曲线救国”(在线收听

Yeah, Nate said it was great.

是啊,内特说得很好

He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience.

他其实应聘过这里,但他们需要经验丰富的

Here. Huh? What's this?

给.嗯?是什么?

I don't want you to get behind on your rent.

我不想你拖房租

Dad, how did you… It's…

爸,你怎么~ 只是~~

I'm gonna kill Mom.

我要掐我妈

Dad, thank you.

谢谢你,爸爸

It's really good to see you. You too, honey.

真高兴见到你. 我也是,宝贝

So, you want to start grilling me now…

你想现在就说正题呢~

or should we wait till after dinner?

还是等吃完饭了后?

I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.

我想让你吃了早饭再说

No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead.

不,不,没关系,现在说吧

We're just a little worried, honey.

我们只是很担心你,宝贝

We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.

我们凌晨两点收到你的电邮

Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything.

工资低,有不参与文笔工作

Hey, that's not fair.

嘿,这么说不公平

I wrote those e-mails.

我有写那些电邮

I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law…

我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人~

turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.

为什么会想做记者,更何况你现在还不算是记者

Dad, you have to trust me.

爸,你要相信我

Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors.

做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了

Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…

艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月

and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.

她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者

And in a year, that could be me.

再过一年,我也能去了

All right? Mm-hmm.

好吗?嗯

Dad, I swear, this is my break.

爸,我发誓,这是我的转折点

This is my… my chance.

这是我的~~~机遇

This is my boss.

是我老板

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cplddnwjj/540458.html