《穿普拉达的女王》精讲 12 醒醒吧,六号女生(在线收听

She hates me, Nigel.

她恨我,奈杰尔

And that's my problem because…

这跟我有关~~~?

Oh, wait. No, it's not my problem.

哦,等等,这跟我没关系

I don't know what else I can do because if I do something right, it's unacknowledged.

我不知道还能怎么做,事情做对了,好像应该的

She doesn't even say thank you.

她连谢谢都不说

But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.

但如果事情做错了,她就是巫婆

So quit. -What?

辞职好了 –什么?

Quit. -Quit?

辞职 -辞职?

I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really wants it.

我可以在5分钟内找到一个非常想要这工作的女孩顶替你

No, I don't want to quit. That's not fair.

不,我不要辞职。这不公平

But, you know, I'm just saying that I would just like a little credit…for the fact that I'm killing myself trying.

我只是说,我想要为自己的努力,赢得些奖励

Andy, be serious.

安迪,现实点

You are not trying.You are whining.

你根本没在努力。你在抱怨

What is it that you want me to say to you, huh?

你希望我对你说什么?

Do you want me to say, " Poor you. Miranda's picking on you. Poor you. Poor Andy"?

要我说“真可怜,马琳达又欺负你了,可怜的安迪”

Hmm? Wake up, six. She's just doing herjob.

是吗?醒醒,6号女生。她只是做她的工作

Don't you know that you are working at the place that published some of the greatest artists of the century?

你不知道你工作的是一个出版全世界最好的艺术家的作品?

Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta.

豪斯顿,拉格菲尔德,德拉伦塔

And what they did, what they created was greater than art because you live your life in it.

他们的作品,创作比艺术更伟大,因为那艺术就在你的生活中

Well, not you, obviously, but some people.

哦,当然不包括你,但包括有不少人

You think this is just a magazine, hmm?

你以为这只是本杂志,对吗?

This is not just a magazine.

这不仅仅是杂志

This is a shining beacon of hope for…

这是希望的灯塔,指路给

oh, I don't know…

哦,我不知道

let's say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers…

比方说一个男孩和六个兄弟,生活在罗德岛

pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class…

假装参加足球训练,其实在上缝纫课

and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.

晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》

You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.

你不知道这里员工的艰辛

And what's worse, you don't care.

更绝的是,你根本不在乎

Because this place, where so many people would die to work…

在这里,更多人是热爱这份工作

you only deign to work.

而你是被迫的

And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead…

你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头

and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day.

每天给你的作业批的金色的五角星

Wake up, sweetheart.

醒醒吧,亲爱的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cplddnwjj/540460.html