《大城市小世界》第20期:新年快乐(在线收听

So, after our successful Christmas, what are we going to do for New Year’s Eve?

成功举办了圣诞聚会以后,新年除夕夜我们打算干点什么?

When is New Year’s Eve? Tomorrow!

新年除夕夜是什么时候?明天!

New Year already! Christmas has only just finished!

都新年啦!圣诞节才刚刚结束!

Strictly speaking, Sarah, it still is Christmas,Christmas goes on until January 6th. New Year’s Eve is part of Christmas.

严格来说,萨拉,这还算圣诞节,圣诞节一直要持续到1月6日呢,除夕夜也是圣诞节的一部分。

Wow, it never ends.

哇,欢乐永不停啊。

I can cook again! Is there a special dinner for New Year in Britain? Not really.

我又能烹饪了!在英国,新年有什么特别大餐吗?实际上,没啥。

In China there are lots of processions in the streets. Are there processions here? Not really.

在中国,街上会有很多庆祝游行,这里有吗?没有。

In China New Year is a very important holiday. Is it very important in Britain? Not really.

中国新年是一个非常重要的节日,在英国重要吗? 也不重要。

So what do people do for New Year?

那人们在新年干什么?

Depends.some people have parties, some people go to a pub or a club and drink a lot.

看情况,有些人举行聚会,有些人去酒吧或夜总会痛饮一场。

Some people go and stand outside,quite a lot of people go to Trafalgar Square in the centre of London.

有些人到外面活动,相当多的人去伦敦中心的特拉法尔加广场。

Let’s do that!

我们也这么办吧!

No way! It’s too cold!

不行!太冷了!

And usually raining!

而且通常会下雨!

And too chaotic!

而且太乱!

Do people drink a lot? Some do.

人们会喝很多酒吗? 有些人会。

I hate drinking beer.

我不喜欢喝啤酒。

A lot of people stay at home and watch TV.

许多人待在家里看电视。

Then sing a song at midnight.

然后在午夜时唱首歌。

What’s the song?

什么歌?

It’s a Scottish song really.

那其实是首苏格兰歌曲。

That’s nice. What do the words mean?

真好听,说的什么意思?

Erm, well, no one really knows.

呃,这个嘛,其实没人真正懂。

Some people know.

有人懂啊。

In Scotland, probably.

可能在苏格兰吧。

So what shall we do, then?

那我们到底做什么呢?

I don’t want to go to a pub and get drunk.

我不想去酒吧喝酒。

We could go to a club,I know some great places,we can go out dancing till dawn! Great music, lots of girls.

我们去夜总会吧,我知道有些很棒的地方,我们可以在那一直跳到天亮!很好的音乐,很多女孩。

You and your girlfriends.

你和你的女朋友们。

OK, OK.let’s forget that idea then.

好吧,好吧,那我们不提这个了。

No, it’s not for me.I don’t think Bindyu would like it.

是啊,对我来说不合适,我想Bindyu不会喜欢那里。

Come on Harry, you can’t let Bindyu organise your life!

行啦,哈利,你可不能让Bindyu安排你的生活!

She doesn’t organise my life! I like being with her, and I like doing the things she wants to do.

她没有安排我的生活!我喜欢跟她在一起,我喜欢做她愿意做的事情。

I’ve lost you, mate!

我失去你了,哥们!

I think you need a girlfriend too!

我觉得你也需要个女朋友!

Hey! No way! I’ve got lots of girls!

嘿!那可不行!我女朋友多着呢!

Oh yeah? How come I’ve never met them?

哦,是吗?我怎么从来没见过他们?

Well, erm, hey, erm... you know how it is.

嗯,呃,你知道是怎么回事了。

I think we should have a procession. Where?

我想我们应该组织场游行。在哪?

Just around the café.

绕着咖啡馆。

What’s that? A procession in my café? Forget it! Anyway, I close early on New Year’s Eve, so you lot will need to find something else to do.

什么?在我的咖啡馆游行?算了吧!总之,我在大年夜提前打烊,所以你们几个得找点别的事干。

We have to decide now then,what are we going to do on New Year’s Eve?

那我们现在就得决定,新年夜到底做什么?

I’m going to see Bindyu. I think we’ll stay at home.

我去看看Bindyu,我想我们会在家里待着。

I’m going to stay at home too. My sister’s going to a party with her husband, so I have to look after my nephew Joe.

我也打算在家里待着,我姐姐要和她的丈夫去参加派对,所以我得照顾小外甥乔。

Now you tell me!

你现在才告诉我!

Sorry.listen,why don’t you come round? Erm.OK then.

对不起,听着,不如你过来吧?呃,那好吧。

Sarah.erm.I er would you like to come out with me?

萨拉,嗯,我,你想和我一起出去吗?

I can’t leave my friend Magda on her own!

我可不能把我的朋友麦格达一个人丢下来!

And hang on,what about me, too!?

等等,我呢?

OK, everyone.I guess you can all come to my house, but only until midnight! Then you all have to go home!

好了,大家伙,我想你们都来我家吧,但就到午夜哦,然后你们就都回家。

Hooray! Great idea! Happy New Year!!!

好呀,好主意!新年快乐!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dcsxsjsy/540783.html