英文演讲录 约翰·塞纳:库欣毕业演讲(1)(在线收听

So, now it is a great pleasure to welcome John Cena back to Cushing.

现在很高兴欢迎约翰·塞纳回到库欣。

John, Cushing, and all your fellow penguins are enormously proud of you.

约翰,库欣和你所有的同胞都为你感到无比自豪。

We are thrilled and honored to have you back at the academy here with us on this special day.

在这个特殊的日子里,你能回到学校和我们在一起,我们感到非常激动和荣幸。

I know the class of 2015 is particularly honored.

我知道2015届毕业生特别荣幸。

Thank you for all your leadership and example to us all.

感谢你为我们大家树立的榜样以及带头作用。

Thank you, headmaster Torino for the kind words, not the introduction, because that was a bunch of crap.

谢谢你,都灵校长,谢谢你的夸赞,这不是介绍,是一堆客套话。

Just the fact that he could make coach Dowling smile, I think the only other time coach Dowling ever smiled was when he was kicking my butt on Tuesday practice down that field.

事实上,他能让道林教练微笑,我想道林教练唯一一次微笑是在周二练习的时候他在球场上踢我的屁股。

I don't have one of these.

我没有这个。

I'm just going to put this over here by the mints.

我要把这个放在薄荷糖旁边。

My name is John Cena and as you just heard, I'm a 15-time WWE champion and class of '95 graduate, which basically means what I do for work is I get inside a 20-foot ring,

我是约翰·塞纳,正如你刚刚听到的,我是15届WWE冠军和95届毕业生,这基本上意味着,我工作时都是站在20英尺长的圈内,

and opposite me is a man in spandex, wearing baby oil, usually angry at me, unbeknownst for me to the reason, but we end up fighting.

我对面是一个穿着氨纶、涂着婴儿油的男人,不知道为什么通常对我生气,最终就打起来了。

And that's my job.

那是我的工作。

Man, that just hit me.

天啊,这让我大吃一惊。

Anyway, a very unlikely candidate, 20 years later to be speaking here in front of the class of 2015.

无论如何,我这个不太可能的候选人,20年后正在2015届毕业生面前发表演讲。

So, I truly thank the faculty, the administration, and wholeheartedly thank the graduating class of 2015 for allowing me to be here today.

因此,我真诚地感谢教职员工、管理人员,并衷心感谢2015届毕业生今天让我来到这里。

Now, after those lengthy words, by the headmaster, I realized that I'm pretty much the only thing separating you from graduation, which means we're going to settle this one way.

听了校长的长篇大论之后,我意识到我几乎是唯一让你不能毕业的人,我只用一种方式解决问题。

I challenge each and every one of you to steel cage match.

我向你们每一个人挑战钢笼比赛。

The only way to get your diploma is to go through me.

要拿到你的文凭,唯一的办法就是通过我的挑战。

Sorry, sometimes I get confused and think I'm still at work.

对不起,我搞错了,我以为我还在摔跤呢。

I kid, I kid.

我开玩笑,我开玩笑。

I am to be brief though.

下面我要简明扼要地说。

And I'm just going to try to put some perspective on what's happened, absolutely right now in front of us.

我只想试着从一些角度来看待所发生的事情,那些现在摆在我们面前的。

I'm sure for the past year, especially being seniors with college applications, SATs, ACTs, all that junk.

我肯定在过去的一年里,特别是大四学生,都要申请大学,SATs,ACTs那些没用的玩意儿。

You guys keep hearing about the future and the future.

你们总是听到关于未来的事。

And even today, you'll hear about the future.

即使是今天,你也会听到关于未来的消息。

And the future shows a lot of promise.

未来充满希望。

But I think we should focus on the now, on what you guys have done to be here today.

但我认为我们应该关注现在,关注你们今天到这里来所做的一切。

And I've sat in those seats and I know what it's like to be here.

我坐过那些座位,我知道在这里是什么感觉。

And it's a wonderful gauntlet.

这是个绝妙的挑战。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544529.html