英文演讲录 马努什·奇希拉:每一位母亲都是企业家(1)(在线收听

I think the first thing when I came to know that I'll be speaking over here is that I was actually crossing my stars because I know nothing about economics.

当我知道我将在这里演讲的第一件事是,我跨界了,因为我对经济学一无所知。

I am a Science student, so I'll introduce myself.

我是理科学生,所以我来做个自我介绍。

So, you all know my name, I am Manushi and I come from a family of doctors and I'm studying to be a doctor as well.

你们都知道我的名字,我是马努什,我来自一个医生家庭,我也在学习成为一名医生。

I'm 20 right now, and I have been honoured to be your Miss World for this year and carry out her duties.

我现在20岁,我很荣幸成为今年的世界小姐,并履行她的职责。

So, growing up, I had a very normal childhood, like any Indian girl from a middle-class family would have.

在成长过程中,我有一个非常正常的童年,就像任何来自中产阶级家庭的印度女孩一样。

I got my education.

我受过教育。

I had my siblings, and then suddenly overnight, my life changed and now I'm here.

我有兄弟姐妹,然后突然一夜之间,我的生活改变了,现在我在这里。

So, we just had a panel about women entrepreneurs.

所以,我们刚刚有一个关于女企业家的座谈。

And I know the word entrepreneur sounds scary because you start thinking about all business, which is something I don't understand.

我知道企业家这个词听起来很可怕,因为你开始考虑一些我不懂的业务。

But I think being Miss World and being an entrepreneur is quite similar because you have similar goals.

但我认为成为世界小姐和成为企业家是很相似的,因为你们有相似的目标。

You want to bring change.

你想带来改变。

I think change is something which is, to me, it's synonymous with being an entrepreneur.

对我来说,改变就是企业家的代名词。

You love what you do, and you love risks.

你热爱你的工作,你热爱冒险。

And being a Miss World is definitely about taking risks.

作为一名世界小姐,绝对是要冒险的。

Like I came up here to speak in front of you, which is a very big risk for me.

就像我来这里在你们面前讲话,这对我来说是一个很大的挑战。

But I think most importantly, we don't let other people tell us how we are supposed to work or how things should be done.

但我认为最重要的是,我们不会让别人告诉我们应该如何工作,或者应该如何做事情。

We take our own decisions and I think all those entrepreneurs out there must congratulate themselves because it takes a lot of courage to do that.

我们自己做决定,我认为所有的企业家都应该祝贺自己,因为这样做需要很大的勇气。

Women are doing wonders as entrepreneurs.

作为企业家,女性正在创造奇迹。

Recently, I read in Kerala about a system called Food on Wheels, it was providing employment to women.

最近,我在喀拉拉邦了解到一个名为“车轮上的食物”的系统,它为女性提供就业机会。

So, they would provide tiffins and nutritious food to people who wanted to work.

他们会为想要工作的人提供午餐和营养食品。

But, you know, out of all these wonderful entrepreneurs, I think one such wonderful woman is my mother.

但是在所有这些优秀的企业家中,我认为有一位非常优秀的女性是我的母亲。

It's not hidden from the world how much obsessed I am with her.

我从不向世界隐瞒对她有多痴迷。

We all are with our mothers.

我们都和妈妈在一起。

But I believe that all mothers are entrepreneurs.

但是我相信所有的母亲都是企业家。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/544548.html