《爱丽丝镜中奇遇记》 第三章 镜中动物(2)(在线收听

'No, I won't!' Alice said crossly. 'I don't belong to this railway journey at all.

爱丽丝生气地应声道:“不,我不买!我根本不属于这次列车。

I was in a wood just now, and I wish I could get back there.'

刚才我还在树林里,我希望能回去。”

Then she heard the little voice again.

然后她又听见那个细微的声音。

She looked round, but could see nothing.

她看了看周围,但什么也没看到。

'I know you are a friend,' the voice said in her ear, 'a dear friend.

“我知道你是个朋友,” 声音在她耳边响起。“一个亲爱的朋友。

And you won't hurt me, although I am an insect.'

尽管我是只昆虫,你不会伤害我吧。”

'What kind of insect?' Alice asked, a little worried.

爱丽丝问:“哪一类昆虫?”她有点儿焦急。

But just then there came a long scream from the engine, and everybody jumped up.

就在同时,火车头长鸣一声,每个人都吓得跳了起来。

The Horse put his head out of the window, then pulled it back in and said calmly,

马向窗外探出了头,然后重又缩回来,平静地说:

'It's only a brook that we have to jump across.'

“只是一条小河,我们得跳过去。”

Alice did not like the idea of trains jumping brooks.

爱丽丝不喜欢火车跳越小河这个想法。

'But we'll get into the Fourth Square, I suppose,' she said to her-self.

“不过我想我们即将进入第四格,”她自言自语道。

In another moment she felt the train go straight up into the air.

过了一会儿,她感觉火车径向空中开去。

Frightened,she caught at the thing nearest to her hand, which happened to be the Goat's beard.

她惊恐万状,随手抓住离她最近的一个东西,凑巧是山羊胡子。

But the beard seemed to disappear as she touched it, and she found herself sitting quietly under a tree.

但她一触到山羊胡子,胡子似乎就失踪了。她发现自己静静地坐在一棵树下。

There was an Insect sitting near her, on a low branch of the tree.

一只昆虫坐在她身旁的低矮的树枝上。

It was a very large insect indeed-almost as big as a chicken. Alice thought.

爱丽丝想,这真是只硕大的昆虫--几乎同小鸡一样大。

'So you don't like all insects?' the Insect said, quietly continuing their conversation.

“这么说你不喜欢昆虫?”那只昆虫问,轻声地继续他们的对话。

'I like them when they can talk,' Alice said.

爱丽丝答道:“他们能说话,我就喜欢。

'None of them ever talk, where I come from. But everything here is so different.

我来的那地方,没一只昆虫讲过话。但这里什么都不一样。

I probably don't even know the names of the insects here.'

这里的昆虫我可能连名字都叫不上来呢。”

'Can you remember your own name?' asked the Insect.

“你记得住自己的名字吗?”昆虫问。

'Of course,' said Alice. 'Nobody forgets their own name.'

“当然记得,没人会忘记自己的名字。”爱丽丝答道。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/alsjzqyjsy/546604.html