《爱丽丝镜中奇遇记》 第六章 胖墩儿(3)(在线收听

'Thank you,' said Alice sadly. She could not refuse to listen, she thought, if the poem was specially written for her.

爱丽丝沮丧地说:“谢谢!”她想如果这首诗是专门为她写的,她就不能不洗耳恭听。

In winter, when the fields are white, I sing this song for your delight- 'But I don't sing it,' he explained.

冬日里田野白雪皑皑,我唱起这首歌,只为你开怀--他解释说:“但我不唱歌。”

'Yes, I can see that,' Alice said.

“是的,这我明白。”爱丽丝应道。

'If you can see me singing or not singing, you've better eyes than most people,' said Humpty Dumpty.

胖墩儿说:“如果你能看出我是否在唱歌,那么你的眼力比大部分人都要好。”

Alice was silent, and he went on.

爱丽丝沉默着,于是他又背:

In spring, when woods are getting green, I'll try and tell you what I mean.

春天里树木郁郁葱葱,我要设法告诉你我的意思。

'Thank you very much,' said Alice.

爱丽丝说:“非常感谢。”

In summer, when the days are long, Perhaps you'll understand the song.

夏日里炎炎日长,也许你会懂得我的歌唱。

In autumn, when the leaves are brown, Take pen and ink and write it down.

秋天枝叶枯黄,拿起笔墨永记不忘。

'I will, if I can remember it so long,' said Alice.

“我会的,如果我能把它长久记住的话。”爱丽丝说。

'Don't go on saying things,' Humpty Dumpty said. 'They're not sensible, and I forget where I am.'

胖墩儿说:“别说了,你说的话不明智。我忘了讲到哪儿了。”

I sent a message to the fish; I told them 'This is what I wish.'

我给鱼儿捎个信;告诉它们“这是我的心愿。”

The little fishes of the sea, They sent an answer back to me.

大海里的小鱼儿,给了我一个回音。

The little fishes' answer was 'We cannot do it, Sir, because-'

小鱼儿的回音是“先生,这事我们做不了,因为--”

'I'm afraid I don't understand,' said Alice.

爱丽丝说:“恐怕我理解不了。”

'It gets easier as it goes on,' Humpty Dumpty replied.

“越往后听,就变得越简单了。”胖墩儿说。

But the poem went on for a long time, and Alice thought it got harder, not easier, to understand.

诗歌又背了好长时间,可是爱丽丝觉得理解起来越来越难,而不是越来越容易了。

Then Humpty Dumpty suddenly stopped, and there was a long silence.

胖墩儿突然停住,随后是长久的沉默。

'Is that all?' Alice asked politely.

爱丽丝客气地问:“背完了?”

'That's all,' said Humpty Dumpty. 'Goodbye.'

“背完了,再见!”胖墩儿答。

Alice waited a minute, but Humpty Dumpty closed his eyes and did not speak again.

爱丽丝等了一会儿,但胖墩儿闭上眼,不再说话。

So she got up, said 'goodbye' , and quietly walked away.

她站了起来,道了“再见”,轻轻地走开了。

'What an extraordinary person!' she said to herself as she walked.

“这真是个非常奇特的人!”她一边走,一边自言自语。

'I don't think I ever met-' She never finished what she was saying, because at that moment a heavy crash shook the forest from end to end.

“我想我从未见过--”但话只讲了半截,因为就在那时,强烈的撞击声震动了森林的这端到那端。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/alsjzqyjsy/546615.html