英文演讲录 卡玛拉·哈里斯竞选获胜演讲(2)(在线收听

And to the American people who make up our beautiful country, thank you for turning out in record numbers to make your voices heard.

感谢组成我们美丽国家的美国人民,感谢你们以创纪录的人数发出你们的声音。

And I know times have been challenging, especially the last several months — the grief, sorrow and pain, the worries and the struggles.

我知道这是充满挑战的时期,特别是最近几个月——悲痛、哀伤和痛苦,忧虑和挣扎。

But we have also witnessed your courage, your resilience and the generosity of your spirit.

但我们也见证了你们的勇气、韧性和慷慨的精神。

For four years, you marched and organized for equality and justice, for our lives, and for our planet.

四年来,你们为了平等和正义,为我们的生活、为我们的星球组织游行。

And then, you voted.

然后,你们参与了投票。

And you delivered a clear message.

你们传达了一个明确的信息。

You chose hope and unity, decency, science and, yes, truth.

你们选择了希望、团结、正派、科学,是的,还有真理。

You chose Joe Biden as the next president of the United States of America.

你们选择乔·拜登作为美利坚合众国的下一任总统。

And Joe is a healer, a uniter, a tested and steady hand, a person whose own experience of loss gives him a sense of purpose that will help us, as a nation, reclaim our own sense of purpose.

乔能为美国疗伤,团结人民,久经考验而稳重,他自己失去亲人的经历给了他一种使命感,这将帮助我们作为一个国家找回我们自己的使命感。

And a man with a big heart who loves with abandon.

他是一个心胸宽广,对爱人不离不弃的人。

It’s his love for Jill, who will be an incredible first lady.

他对吉尔的爱,她将成为一位了不起的第一夫人。

It’s his love for Hunter, Ashley and his grandchildren, and the entire Biden family.

他对亨特、阿什利和他的孙子孙女,以及整个拜登家庭的爱。

And while I first knew Joe as vice president, I really got to know him as the father who loved Beau, my dear friend, who we remember here today.

我第一次认识乔是他担任副总统时,而我真正开始了解他,是从他对博·拜登的爱,他是我的好朋友,今天在这里我们还记得他。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ywyjl/546629.html