福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第1集 Pilot(14)(在线收听

The day we met you deduced that I gave up being a surgeon

见面那天,你推断我放弃当外科医生

to become a companion because I had lost someone close to me.

去做陪护是因为我失去了亲近的人

The truth is...

事实是

The truth is that you made a mistake during a surgery

事实是你做手术的时候出了差错

that cost a patient his life.

导致病人死亡

It takes years of study to become a surgeon,

成为外科医生需要多年的学习

not to mention tremendous ego.

而且你有强烈的自尊心

Surgeons don't just leave to become addict-sitters.

外科医生不会就这样辞职去做康戒陪护

They're forced out. And they're only forced out

除非是被迫,而原因只可能是

if they commit the sin of malpractice.

他们在手术过程中操作失误

I knew it would be a sore subject so I made up the bit about your friend

我知道你对这事敏感才故意编了个故事

to spare your feelings.

照顾你的感受

That was very big of you.

你还真伟大

How do you know the patient died?

你怎么知道那个病人死了

How do you know i didn't just leave him paralyzed or in a coma?

你怎么知道他最后不是瘫痪或者昏迷了

The parking ticket! The one you had in your purse.

你钱包里的停车罚单

It was...

那是

You incurred it two weeks ago

两个星期前

near the corner of 86th and Third.

你在第三大道86号拐角拿到的

The only thing there is Carver Cemetery.

那里只有"受难地"公墓

Obviously you were visiting a grave.

显然你是去扫墓了

Not a parent's grave, of course,

当然不是父母的墓

Google indicates that they're both alive and well.

谷歌显示他们都健在

Siblings?

兄弟姐妹吗

No. Carver is a pauper's field.

不, "受难地"是普通百姓的墓地

The picture that you keep on your phone of Mum and Dad

手机里你父母的照片

says that they're well-to-do.

显示出他们很有钱

No sibling of yours would be interred in a place like that.

兄弟姐妹哪可能沦落到那种地方

The place doesn't even have a proper parking area,

那地方连像样的停车场都没有

hence the ticket.

这才有了那张罚单

So... a surgeon who's no longer a surgeon,

所以说,一个远离手术台的外科医生

a parking violation incurred outside poor man's cemetery,

一个穷人墓地附近开出的停车罚单

and two parents who are as moneyed as they are alive.

还有腰缠万贯且健在的父母

You add it all up. What does it say?

所有这些加在一起,说明了什么

You were visiting the grave of the man

你是去祭奠那个

that you let die on your operating table.

死在你手术台上的人

It's so incredible,

太难以置信了

the way that you can...

你竟然可以

solve people just by looking at them.

光看看别人就能读懂他们

I noticed you don't have any mirrors around here.

我注意到你这没有镜子

And what's that supposed to mean?

那又怎样

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/550943.html