福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 第一季第4集The Rat Race(21)(在线收听

But your work hasn't slipped one bit since Scotland Yard.

不过自从苏格兰场以来,你从未失误过

Thank you.

谢谢你

Well, not everyone is gonna see it my way, so,

不是每个人都会像我这样想,所以

I'm gonna do us both a favor

我会帮我们俩一个忙

and keep a lid on this.

保守这个秘密

Unbelievable.

难以置信

What is?

什么

It's just that green card marriage guy.

那个为了绿卡结婚的人

Emily's having this dinner party thing next week,

艾米丽下周要办一个派对

and we talked about maybe going together,

我们说好了要一起去

and I think now he's blowing me off.

现在他居然爽约

But you know what the irony is?

你知道讽刺的是什么吗

I don't even want to be in a relationship right now. I...

我现在一点都不想谈恋爱

It's just that Emily went to so much trouble.

只是艾米丽经历了这么多麻烦

Yet his apparent mutual disinterest irks you.

但他那明显的冷漠还是激怒了你

It's crazy, I know.

这很疯狂,我知道

If I had to guess, and by sitting there talking about it--

你逼我的,如果非要猜的话

you're forcing me to-I would say

通过你坐在那说的这番话,我觉得

he finds your analytical skills intimidating.

是因为他发现你的分析能力太吓人了

He was a little weirded out

当我告诉他我在网上

when I told him I looked him up online,

调查他的时候,他感到不太自在

but he lied about being married,

但是他在结婚的问题上说了谎

so we are square, right?

所以我们两清了,对吧

He might not see it that way. Doesn't, apparently.

他大概不会那么想,明显不是的

It has its costs.

这是有代价的

What does?

什么

Learning to see the puzzle in everything.

学会去看透一切的谜题

They're everywhere.

它们无处不在

Once you start looking, it's impossible to stop.

一旦你开始寻找,就不可能停下了

It just so happens that people,

凑巧的是,人们

and all the deceits and delusions that inform everything they do,

以及可以体现他们所作所为的谎言和错觉

tend to be the most fascinating puzzles of all.

是最引人入胜的谜题

Of course,

当然

they don't always appreciate being seen as such.

人们通常不喜欢这样被别人分析

Seems like a lonely way to live.

听起来是种孤独的生活方式

As I said, it has its costs.

就像我说的,这是有代价的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jbyyf/551229.html