大家说英语 第556期:骑马(2)(在线收听

Conversation A

对话A

Alex: The competition is starting. There are the first horse and rider, and they're moving fast.

阿莱克斯:比赛开始了。这是第一批马和骑手,他们跑得很快。

Susie: That's because they must complete the course in a set time.

苏西:那是因为他们必须在规定的时间内完成跳栏路线。

Alex: And they can't knock over the jumps, can they?

阿莱克斯:他们不能把跳栏撞倒,是吗?

Susie: No. The horse and rider must clear every jump. By the way, the jumps are called fences.

苏西:不能。马和骑手必须准确地跳过每个跳栏。顺便说一下,这些跳栏叫做障碍。

Alex: Uh-oh. The first horse knocked over a fence.

阿莱克斯:哦吼。第一匹马撞倒了障碍。

Susie: Then they get a penalty point.

苏西:那他们就被罚了一分。

Conversation B

对话B

Taylor: Are you going to watch the jumping competition?

泰勒:你要去看马术比赛吗?

Linda: I don't know. I may be too busy to go.

琳达:我不清楚。我可能太忙了所以去不了。

Taylor: I may not go, either. I'd rather go riding myself!

泰勒:我也可能不去。我宁愿自己去骑马。

Linda: We can go riding at Dusty Stables sometime.

琳达:我们可以找时间去Dusty Stables骑马。

Taylor: I'm not a very skillful rider anymore. Do they have some calm horses?

泰勒:我现在骑术没有以前熟练了。那里有比较温顺的马吗?

Linda: Yes, I've ridden there a few times.

琳达:有,我曾经在那里骑过几次。

Taylor: Then let's go this weekend!

泰勒:那我们这周末就去吧!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/553757.html