纪录片《美国商业大亨传奇》 掌控全局(12)(在线收听

J.P. Morgan made a mistake backing Thomas Edison.

J·P·摩根支持托马斯·爱迪生是错误的

I mean, they all make mistakes.

两人都犯了错误

And I always say that you have to guard against the downside.

我总说 你必须要防范不利情况

Because it can be the greatest deal you've ever seen, and there is a chance that that deal won't work out.

因为这可能是你所见过的最好的生意 但这个生意也有可能做不成

Don't let a deal like that take you down if it doesn't work.

就算做不成 也不要让它彻底毁了你

Morgan is determined to gain control of the electric industry.

摩根决定获得电力行业的控制权

And he's going to do it the Morgan way.

他这次打算用摩根式的方法去做

If you were on his bad side, or he coveted your company, or the technology that your company had, you did not want to be in that position.

你可能会站在他的对立面 他可能垂涎你的公司 或是垂涎你公司所拥有的技术 你显然不希望处于这些情况之下

Morgan returns to the lessons of his father.

摩根回到了父亲的教诲

He's going to intimidate the competition into submission.

他将通过胁迫 让竞争转化为服从

He starts his attack by going after Westinghouse, and everything he owns.....including Tesla's A.C. electricity patents.

他的攻击始于追逐威斯汀豪斯和他所拥有的一切 包括特斯拉的交流电专利

Congratulations, Westinghouse.

祝贺你 威斯汀豪斯

I hear you won the Niagara Falls contract.

听说你赢得了尼亚加拉瀑布的合同

I'll be taking you to court for patent infringement over A.C. designs.

我将到法庭起诉交流电设计的专利侵权

Why would you start a legal case that will cost millions-- a case that you will lose?

为什么你要打一起代价数百万美元的官司 况且你肯定打不赢

Because you don't have the resources to fight such a case-- and you'll go under.

因为你没有打这场官司所需的资源 你会破产

What is it you want?

你想要什么

You know the answer to that.

你知道答案

Westinghouse has no choice but to give in to Morgan's demands.

威斯汀豪斯别无选择 只能服从摩根的要求

Knowing that the cost of a lawsuit will put him out of business, he's forced to sign over the patents for Tesla's A.C. electricity.

他深知 这场官司的花费会将他拖垮 他被迫签字转让特斯拉的交流电专利

But Morgan doesn't stop with Westinghouse.

不过摩根要对付的还不只是威斯汀豪斯

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpmgsydhcq/553961.html