《足迹》精讲02(在线收听

  You sure your father isn’t Hungarian?

  你确定你父亲不是匈牙利人?

  Well, if he is, he’s kept it a dead secret for years.

  如果他是的话 现在这个秘密也随他埋葬了有些年头了。

  And your mother?-English.

  -你母亲呢? -英国人。

  So you’re a kind of half-breed?

  那你算是个混血儿了?

  Sit down.

  坐吧

  Thanks for agreeing to see me.Not at all.

  感谢您同意和我会面 ,不客气。

  I didn’t know you wrote plays for television.

  我之前不知道你有替电视写剧本呢。

  I don’t.I write crime novels.You must know that.

  没有这回事 我写犯罪小说的 这你应该知道。

  I had heard.

  我听说过。

  But sometimes they’re adapted for television by other people.

  但小说会被改编成电视剧是很正常的事。

  You know what the word adapted means, I take it?

  我猜你知道改编这个词的意思吧?

  Adapted? 改编?

  I speak English.Good.

  我现在说的是英语 好的。

  Come and have a look at my special book room.

  过来看一下我的私人书房吧

  These are all my novels.

  这些都是我写的小说。

  You’ve read them, I suppose?

  我猜你大概已经读过他们了吧?

  Afraid not.

  恐怕没有

  Good God, no?What about this one?

  老天 没有? 那这本呢?

  Rat in a Trap?-No.

  《笼中鼠》 没。

  The Obelisk?-No. 《

  方尖塔》呢? 没。

  Blackout?-No.

  《大停电》? 没

  Dead Fish?-Afraid not. 《死鱼》?

  恐怕没有。

  God, you’re one in a million.

  天哪 没读过我书的人的概率估计是百万分之一。

  Am I?-Oh, absolute...I’m very popular.

  是吗? 绝对是 ,我可是著名作家

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556546.html