《足迹》精讲07(在线收听

  That’s your own experience, is it?

  那是你的亲身经验 是吧?

  Oh, no, no, no, that’s observation.

  噢 不 不 不是 那是观察力。

  Don’t forget, I’m a novelist.

  别忘了 我是一名小说家。

  I observe people.

  我观察人们的生活。

  What I’m getting at is you won’t be able to give her what she wants.

  我要说的是 你无法满足她的需求。

  So she’s gonna leave you, come back to me.

  因此她会离开你回到我身边。

  I don’t want her near me.That’s the last thing I want.

  我不想让她靠近我 那是我最不希望的事。

  I’ve had her up to here.

  我已经受够她了。

  Anyway, I’ve got this lovely mistress.She runs a sauna in Swindon.

  不管怎样 我已经有了这个可爱的情人 她在史云登经营一间三温暖。

  She’s my girl.

  她是我的女孩。

  So you see, I want Maggie to stay with you.

  所以你瞧我希望玛吉待在你身边。

  I want you two to be together forever.

  我要你们两个永远在一起。

  But unless you listen to me...

  但除非你听我的话…

  ...the whole thing will be a fucking disaster...

  否则这所有的一切就会变成一场灾难…

  ...with catastrophic consequences all round.

  整个一场灾难性的后果。

  But I have a solution.

  可是我有一个解决的方法。

  You won’t believe what I’m gonna say.

  你不会相信我要说的话的。

  What are you gonna say?

  你要说什么话?

  I’m all ears.

  我洗耳恭听。

  You know something?

  你知道一件事吗?

  I’m beginning to respond to your charm.

  我正开始回应你的魅力。

  Get away.No, it’s true.

  得了吧 不 是真的。

  I’m really touched.You should be.

  我真是深受感动 那当然。

  Tell me, I bet you didn’t expect me to be so intelligent.

  告诉我 我打赌你没料到我会这么聪明。

  Oh, I did.

  哦 我有料到。

  So quick witted, did you?

  这么机智 对吧?

  Quite.

  常清楚

  Maggie told you, did she?

  玛吉告诉你的 对不对?

  What’s your solution?

  你的解决之道是什么?

  It’s a close fit, isn’t it?

  刚刚好 是不是?

  For two.

  两人搭乘。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556551.html