《足迹》精讲21(在线收听

  I see you got a broken window up there.

  我看见你那上面的窗子破了

  Tropical storm the other night.

  前晚热带风暴的关系

  Bit of a hurricane, terrifying.

  飓风的威力 挺可怕的

  A great branch broke off a big tree...

  大树上有根大树枝裂了开来...

  ...and flew through the air through the skylight...

  随风而来打破了天窗...

  ...as you can see.

  就成了你看见的样子

  -Who?-God.

  -谁? -上帝

  Had it in for you, did he?

  他对你有意见 不是吗?

  Oh, yes, he’s always been a vicious bastard.

  是的他通常都是个坏心眼混蛋

  You know what God’s trouble is?

  你知道上帝的困扰是什么吗?

  -What?-He has no father.

  -是什么? -他没有父亲

  He has no family roots.He’s rootless.

  他没有家族 他没有根

  Nowhere to hang his hat, poor bugger.I pity him.

  他没地方可以挂他的帽子可怜虫 我同情他

  That’s a very interesting philosophical speculation.

  非常有意思的哲学观

  Wait a minute.Aren’t you a well-known detective?

  等等你不是个知名探长吗?

  Not me, mate.You’re thinking of another bloke.

  不是我伙计 那个是布洛克

  Haven’t I seen your picture in the newspaper?

  我没在报上见过你的照片?

  Do you want to know my opinion of the newspapers?

  想知道我对报纸的看法吗?

  What?

  怎样?

  Journalists are a bunch of prick-teasing cocksuckers.

  新闻记者是一群马屁精

  No.

  不

  That’s right.

  没错

  I’m sorry, but isn’t that a contradiction in terms?

  抱歉但那不是关系矛盾吗?

  Is it?

  是吗?

  So you’re not well-known?

  所以你才不出名?

  No, I’m a common-or-garden copper.

  不 我就是个普通的警察

  I just catch sex criminals, perverts...

  就逮捕性犯罪者、变态...

  ...homicidal maniacs.

  杀人疯子

  And what do you do with them when you catch them?

  你逮到他们时会怎么做?

  I generally cut their balls off.

  我一般会割下他们的蛋蛋

  I see.

  明白

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556565.html