福克斯新闻 飓风“伊恩”风速达每小时155英里(在线收听

Steve Harrigan is live in Charlotte County Florida.

史蒂夫·哈里根在佛罗里达州夏洛特县为您现场直播。

Steve, how are you?

史蒂夫,你好吗?

Doing good here.

很好。

“It is too late for Charlotte County.”

“对夏洛特县来说太晚了。”

Those are certainly ominous words to hear from the governor.

从州长那里听到这些话肯定是不祥的。

Right now about 900 people in this county are in shelters.

目前,这个县约有900人住在避难所里。

There are about 175 shelters opened up across Florida.

佛罗里达州大约有175个避难所开放。

They have warned two and a half million people all along the coast to leave.

他们已经警告沿海地区的250万人撤离。

They've actually ordered about 1.75 million people to evacuate.

他们实际上已经下令约175万人撤离。

Now a lot of those people have not evacuated.

现在这些人中的许多人还没有撤离。

And just from standing here I can tell you over the last hour conditions have gotten worse.

站在这里,我可以告诉你,在过去的一个小时里,情况变得更糟了。

The wind has picked up considerably.

风大了很多。

We're not seeing trees snap but we're beginning to see small objects fly around branches.

我们没有看到树木折断,但我们开始看到小型物件在树枝周围飘来飘去。

So first there's going to be the wind; then there's going to be the surge; then there's going to be flooding from the rain; so a real triple threat here for the west coast of Florida over the next several hours.

首先是风;然后会有浪涌;随后会有降雨导致的洪水;所以在接下来的几个小时里,佛罗里达州西海岸将面临三重威胁。

Emily, back to you.

艾米丽,请切回演播室。

Steve, my question to you is about the cadence.

史蒂夫,我想问你的是风速的问题。

You say that the wind has picked up you've been noticing up, upticks in certain elements.

你说风变大了,还注意到天气有些恶化。

Has the cadence become more rapid?

风速变得更快了吗?

As you see those upticks, is it getting faster and faster and faster, or has it been a steady incline?

在你观察到天气恶化的时候,风速是越来越快,还是一直在稳步上升?

It has picked up considerably just over the past half hour, I gotta tell you.

我得告诉你,就在过去的半个小时里,风速已经明显变快了。

When we walked outside here today, you know, there’s a little bit of fear for the first time, like, uh-oh, this is really bad, and it’s going to get much worse over the next several hours.

我们今天走到外面这里时,我们第一次有一点恐惧,心想这真的很糟糕,在接下来的几个小时里,情况会变得更糟。

These palm trees are bending considerably, but they are not snapping.

这些棕榈树弯曲得很厉害,但没有折断。

So it’s gonna be a tough call here with 40-mile-an-hour winds.

所以,在风速达每小时40英里的情况下,很难离开这里。

You certainly are on your own.

你当然只能靠自己了。

That’s because first responders will not be coming out until this storm passes.

因为在风暴过去之前,急救人员不会出动。

I think the one real blessing is that it’s daytime, so you don’t have that terror of this happening in complete darkness overnight.

我认为真正的幸事是现在是白天,所以你不会害怕一夜之间在完全黑暗的情况下发生这种事情。

At least, you know, you can see the trees bend and it’s not just hearing them.

至少你可以看到树木弯曲,而不仅仅是听到它们弯曲的声音。

Steve, stay safe, please.

史蒂夫,请注意安全。

Know that we are so grateful for your reporting there on the ground; our prayers are with you.

要知道我们非常感谢你在当地发来报道;我们的祈祷与你同在。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/558385.html