谈判英语一日通03-02(在线收听

Alter the Time Frame改变时间日程

Dialog Disk 3-2

Making it into a bargaining chip is a good idea. Several things could be done such as altering the start date, the time each day that has to be spent on the job, or the size of the crew assaigned to the job. Any of these items could be altered or there could be a combination of the restrictions allowed. Several factors could be called into play, just discuss it and find out what works.

拿时间来当议价筹码是个不错的做法。有好几种方法可以采用,像改变工作开始日期、每天的工作时数、工作人员总数……这些条件都可以改变,或者你可以设定组合式的条件,将多项因素列入考量,并和他人讨论,找出可行的方式。

Mel:Your provisions in the scope of work section are very restrictive. They don't give me much room to work.

你的工作内容部分的条款很严格,没有给我很大的空间。

Bill:That's why they're there. My client wants to hold the discruption of activity on the site to a minimum.

这就是为什么要将它们列出来的原因;我的客户想要将工作地点可能引发的问题减到最低。

These restrictions will avoid the most common problems.

这些限制可以避免最常见的问题。

But I do have some room to work with you. What do you need?

不过我也还有商量的空间,你需要什么吗?

Mel:I'd like a day two days after start up to go to another site.

开工两天后,我得休假一天,到另一个工地去。

They have a start date I have to honor.

我得遵守他们的开工日期。

Bill:Can't do it. But I'll tell you what I could do.

不行。不过有折衷办法。

Mel:What's that?

什么办法?

Bill:We can push back our start date to give you time to finish that one.

我们可以把开工日延后,等你先完成另一个工作。

Our start and completion dates are wide open. I can move them to any date you like.

我们的开工和完工日都很有弹性,可以配合你的时间。

I won't give you any time off in the middle except for weekends, holidays and weather delays.

但是一旦工程开始,除了周末、法定假日、天气会造成的延误,就不准休假。

Mel:Will you let me cut the crew size for a few of those days?

那我工作期间可以删减工作人数吗?

Bill:Nope,can't do it. That would lengthen the disruption.

不可以,那会使工程更糟。

Mel:I don't see how.

我不懂。

Bill:Your truck takes up three parking stalls and vehicles in the lot have to be moved away from the building to prevent damage. That's the kind of disruption I mean.

你的卡车占了三个停车位,停车场的车辆必须离开建筑物,以免造成损失,那就是我所谓的不便。

Mel:So if I avoid that, I can reduce the size of the crew?

如果能避免这种情况,我可以减少人数吗?

Bill:That would be okay.

可以。

Mel:If you allow me that,and let me push back the start date one week. Then, we can go with this contract.

若你同意这点,并让开工日延后一周。我们就可以签定这个合约。

Bill:Great, let's do it.

太好了,就这样。

Vocabulary 重要词汇

factor 因素

provision规定,条款

in the scope of在……范围

disruption混乱

avoid避免

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tpyy/65567.html