你真会小题大做(在线收听


SCENE③ B  当天晚上,下课后  柔丝家

【你真会小题大做】

 

Rose:     (1) embarrassed) Tell you more about what?

柔丝:    (不好意思)要再跟你说什么?

 

Sue:       About Herbert! You said he was boring.

苏:       赫伯特啊!你说过他很无趣的。

 

Rose:     Yes, that's what I thought before.

柔丝:    是啊,我以前是这么觉得。

 

Sue:       So, are you saying you 2) kind of like him?

苏:       所以你是说,你现在有点喜欢他罗?

 

Rose:     You 3) blow everything out of proportion.

柔丝:    你真会小题大做。

 

Sue:       So why is he 4) all of a sudden not so boring?

苏:       那他为什么突然不无趣了?

 

Rose:     We have a lot 5) in common.

柔丝:    我们有许多共通点。

 

Sue:       Since when?

苏:       从哪时候开始有共通点了?

 

语言详解

 

A: Would you ever consider marrying me?

    你有没有可能考虑跟我结婚?

 

B: No. We have absolutely nothing in common.

    没有。我们完全没有共通点。

 

to blow something out of proportion 言过其实,小题大做】

 

out of proportion大到不成比例blow的意思,在美语中有吹牛的意思。

 

A: I can't believe you ignored me like that!

  我不敢相信你会这样躲避我!

B: I couldn't take your call. Don't blow it out of proportion.

  我只是没办法接你的电话。别夸大其词了。

 

A: She said I was cute. She thinks I'm too short and childlike!

  她说我很可爱。她是认为我太矮而且太孩子气!

B: You blew her comment out of proportion.

  你把她的说法讲得太夸张了。

 

1) embarrassed  (a.) 感到尴尬的

2) kind of 有一点,有几分

3) blow... out of proportion (v.) 夸大其词。proportion 比例

4) all of a sudden 突然间

5) in common 共同

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/websj/8056.html