-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Welcome back to English at Work.It's an exciting day for Tip Top Trading. 欢迎回到职场英语。今天对Tip Top Trading来说是激动人心的一天。
It's launching its latest product – the plastic aubergine. 公司将推出最新产品——塑料茄子。
The launch is taking place at a swanky hotel; lots of clients have turned up - but there's one important person missing. 发布会在豪华酒店举行,很多客户都已到场,但有一个关键人物还没来。
Has anyone seen Anna?I haven't seen her all morning. 有人看见安娜吗?我一早上都没见她。
Tom, you were with her last.That was last night at the pub. 汤姆,你是最后和她在一起的人。那是昨天晚上在酒吧里。
She was drowning her sorrows.Drowning her sorrows? 她在酒吧因为伤心买醉呢。伤心买醉?
Yeah. She saw Dave from IT with another woman – Julie from accounts, actually. 是啊,她看见技术部的戴夫和另一个女人在一起,就是会计部的朱迪。
She was very upset.Oh poor Anna.So you left her drowning in the pub? 她很难过。可怜的安娜。你把她一个人留在酒吧里买醉?
And who's got the prototype aubergine to show at the launch? 发布会要展示的茄子模型在谁那里?
Oh no! Anna has. It's in her bag.What are we going to do?Panic!No Denise. Calm down. 不是吧,在安娜的包里。我们该怎么办?完了!别,丹尼斯,冷静点。
I'll just have to make a start and I'm sure Anna will turn up. 我先开场,我肯定安娜一定会来的。