There must be random1 acts of kindness going on in some workplaces but you wouldn't know it by reading some of the stories people share about their colleagues' bad behavior. Very rarely do we hear tales of people who go out of their way to do something nice for those with whom they work. Is it that such acts are a rarity in the workplace or is it more likely that we, as humans, just like to complain? What if you could do something that would give one of your coworkers one of those rare stories to tell? Would they spread the word about your random act of kindness? How about giving it a whirl2? Try doing one of these nice things for someone in your workplace.
在职场中,肯定有一些偶尔的小善举进行着,但你不会发现它们,因为你听说过许多关于坏同事的故事。我们也很少会听到别人分享职场中的善意行为的事迹。那么,这些善举在职场中真的就如此渺茫吗?还是更多的只是因为我们,作为人类,只懂得抱怨?若你能做点小事情,就能成为同事分享的稀奇故事之一呢?他们会不会传扬你的这种不经意的善举?要不试试看吧?尝试为你的同事做出以下这些友善的行为。
?Bring your coworker a cup of coffee when she looks like she needs a pick-me-up.
?在同事需要打起精神的时候,给对方带一杯咖啡。
?Share your mid-afternoon snack with him or if you don't want to share, bring an extra one (everyone gets hungry a couple of hours after lunch).
?与对方分享你的午后零食,或如果你不想分享的话,那就多带一份(人们在午餐过后几个小时都会饿的)。
?Buy your coworker her favorite iced cold
beverage3 on the first warm day of the year.
?在一年气温刚升高的时候,为同事买一杯她喜爱的冰冷饮料。
?Celebrate Friday—or make Monday more bearable—by bringing in a treat for the entire department. Or maybe choose to do this on a rainy day to cheer everyone up.
?为了庆祝周五的到来(或让周一更容易度过),给整个部门带来一顿美食。或在雨天这样做,以此激励每位同事。
?Offer to stay at work late or come in early to help a coworker with a difficult project (don't wait to be asked).
?主动要求加班或提前到公司,帮助同事完成一项困难的任务(不要等别人提出请求的时候才做)。
?Praise him for a job well done. No one can get too many
compliments4.
?赞赏对方的工作出色。赞赏没有人嫌多。
?If you see someone is about to make a mistake, try to
intervene5 to prevent it.
?如果你发现某人将会出错,试着介入以避免错误的发生。
?Offer unsolicited advice, especially to a new colleague who seems to be floundering.
?主动提供建议,尤其是为一位看起来跌跌撞撞的新同事。
?Stop others from spreading a
rumor6 about someone.
?劝阻同事散播别人的谣言。
?If you see something you know your colleague will absolutely love, a book about a topic in which he's interested for example, get it for him.
?如果你看到了同事肯定喜欢的东西,比如一本讲述了对方钟爱话题的书籍,那就带给对方吧。
?Include a less experienced colleague in a meeting or on a project that can help her grow.
?把缺乏经验的同事带到有助于他积累经验的会议或项目中。
?Invite him to join your lunch group especially if he doesn't have many workplace friends.
?邀请对方加入你们的午餐小队,特别是在他并没有别的职场朋友的时候。
?Stop by her desk to say good morning.
?走到她的桌子旁跟她说早安。
?Stop by his desk to say goodbye.
?走到他的桌子旁跟他说再见。
?Hold the (otherwise unoccupied) elevator while your colleague runs back to her desk to get something she forgot even if you're in a hurry to leave the building.
?如果你的同事忘记拿东西了,需要赶回去取,那么就为同事按住电梯等等他吧,即使你此时很急着离开。
?Praise her to the boss who may not realize how hard she's working.
?向老板表达你对同事的赞赏,因为老板有时候可能没有发现她的辛勤工作。
?Save him a trip to the office supply closet by offering to pick up his supplies when you get yours.
?为他人省下补充办公橱柜物品的时间,主动帮助对方存放物品。
?Offer to
mentor7 an inexperienced coworker. Many people are too shy to ask or may not even think of it.
?给经验不足的同事推荐一名导师。太多人羞于表达或者甚至没有意识到这个需求。
?Put your colleague's
bully8 in her place or lend a sympathetic ear and give him advice on how to deal with one.
?站在同事的角度考虑她的抱怨,抱有同情心地倾听并提供解决问题的建议。
?Tell a coworker about an internal job opening for which you think she'd be perfect.
?告知同事有一个内部工作的机会,如果你认为她能胜任的话。
?Pack an extra brown bag lunch for a coworker who can't ever seem to remember to bring his own.
?多带一份便当,为那些可能忘记带便当的同事做准备。
?Have an
errand9 to run in your coworker's neighborhood after work? Offer her a ride home so she doesn't have to take the bus or train that day.
?若同事在下班后需要为邻居处理杂务,那就主动开车载她回家,这样她就不用挤公交或火车了。
?Offer to relieve him or one of his
undesirable10 tasks for a day or more (as long as you clear it with the boss).
?主动帮助解决他的问题,或者完成一件或多件他不想完成的任务(只要跟老板说清楚了就没问题了)。