That's a shame.
真遗憾。
A: That's a shame. Our basketball team lost yesterday's match.
真遗憾。我们的篮球队在昨天的比赛中输了。
B: Oh, come on. You can't always win.
想开点儿,你们不可能总赢呀。
shame n. 遗憾,羞耻
I screwed up.
=I messed up.
=I blew it.
我搞砸了。
screw up“把…弄糟”
mess up“搞糟,陷入困境”
I could kick myself.really.
我恨死自己了。
A: I could kick myself, really.
我恨死自己了。
B: If you work hard, you will be successful.
如果你努力工作,会成功的。
kick oneself “严厉自责”
本句用于表示强烈自责和懊悔。
All that for nothing.
白费我那么多力。
A:All that for nothing.
白费我那么多力气。
B:Don't be so depressed.
别这么丧气。
I'm really disappointed with him.
我对他实在很失望。
A: Has he passed the exam?
他通过考试了吗?
B: No. I'm really disappointed with him.
没有。我对他实在很失望。
disappointed a. 失望的
I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did.
我对他做的事情实在不满意。
A:I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did.
我对他做的事情实在不满意。
B: But he tried his best.
但他尽力了。
dissatisfied a. 不满意的
try one's best“尽力”
I feel really sad.
= I'm really unhappy.
我感到很难过。
I expected it to be much better.
我原指望会好得多。
A: I'm very disappointed at the new house. I expected it to be much better.
我对新房很失望,我原指望会好得多。
B: You can't say that, David. I think it's much better than mine.
大卫,别这么说了。比我的好多了。
expect v.期待,预期
What a disappointment
= What a letdown!
真让人失望!
It's disappointing.这真令人扫兴。
How disappointing!
真令人失望!
A: How disappointing! The match just began when it rained.
真令人失望!比赛刚剐开始就下雨了。
B: Next time we'd better listen to the weather report carefully.
下次我们最好注意听一下天气预报。
It was a waste of effort.
真是白费力气。
All my effort went down the drain.
我的努力全白费了。
a waste of…表示”对…的浪费”。一般后面会接time. money这一类词。
What a fool I was!
我真傻!
I feel like such an idiot!
我真是个傻瓜!
idiot n. 白痴,傻瓜
You let me down.
你让我失望了。
A:I failed French again.
我的法语又没及格。
B:You let me down.
你让我失望了。
let down“使失望”
My heart has been filled with grief.
我的内心充满了悲伤。
A: My heart has been filed with grief.
我的内心充满了悲伤。
B:Cheer up!
振作起来!
grief n. 悲伤
Today just isn't my day.
今天真是什么都不顺心。
A:What's wrong with you today?
你今天怎么了?
B: Today just isn't my day.
今天真是什么都不顺心。
It's not what I expected.
= It's not as good as I expected.
这不是我所期望的。
It's expected to be much better.
我原指望它会好得多。
It's a waste of time.
纯属浪费时间。
A:You should talk to him.
你应该和他谈谈。
B:It's a waste of time.
纯属浪费时间。
It can't be helped.
= There's nothing you can do with it.
实在没有办法。
What luck!
真倒霉!
A What luck! We've run out of gas.
真倒霉!汽油用光了。
B: We'll be late again today.
我们今天又要迟到了。
|