1. Don’t count on them。
别指望他们。
2.I’m trying to get a hold of her。
我正试着联系她。
3.He’s never lined up on the line with me。
他从没和我站在用一阵线。
4.If i screw this one up,I’m gonna get canned。
如果我搞砸了,就得滚蛋了。
5.From a financial standpoint,i t’s gonna be great。
从财务的观点看,它将会很好。
6.I just want to get this off my chest。
我只是不吐不快。
7.It depends on who you’re dealing with。
这取决于你和谁交易。
8.I’m sort of getting used to this。
我有点习惯这个了。
9.We’ve lost four times in a row。
我们连续失败四次。
10.It helped us break the ice。
它帮组我们打破沉默/打开话题。
11.I chose to put one step forward。
我选择挺身而出。
12.It would be a win-win situation for us。
这对我们将是双赢。
13.It’s a load off my shoulder。
这让我如释重负。
14.You kind of put all of your eggs in one basket。
你像是孤注一掷。
15.I heard it through the grapevine。
我从小道消息听说了。
16.Sooner or later,it’s gonna happen。
早晚会发生的。
17.She just totally dropped the ball。
她把事情完全搞砸了。
18.We’re working on it。
我们正在进行。
19.No later than 10:30.
不要晚于10点30分。
20.I was in charge of it。
我负责这个。
21.He’s making a mountain out of a molehill。
他小题大做。
22.Settle down。
搞定。
23.You’re a Monday morning quar-terback。
你是个放马后炮的人。
常用习惯用语记住了吗?靠死记硬背的方法记单词,你的大脑内存够用吗?再教你几句耍赖的英语表达。
游戏时耍赖:
That doesn't count.
那不算!
We weren't playing for real.
我们不是玩真的。
欠钱时耍赖:
Money has been really tight lately...
最近手头有点紧……
I've had so many other expenses...
我有太多其他的费用要付……
犯错时耍赖:
It's not my fault.
那不是我的错。
He/She made me do it.
他(她)要我做的。
交通违规时耍赖:
I didn't see the sign.
我没有看到标记。
规避责任时耍赖:
It's not my turn to...
还没轮到我……
I didn't know anything about it...
我对此事一无所知……
|